Mission Executive - Space (Government)
- El Segundo, CA
AT&T Government Solutions is a trusted provider of secure, IP enabled, cloud-based, network, and cybersecurity solutions and professional services to the Department of Defense . We are dedicated to recruiting, developing and empowering a diverse, high-performing workforce that is passionate about what they do, committed to our shared values and dedicated to our customers' mission.
Our Air Force/ Space Force Team supports the Space and Missile Systems Center (SMC), delivering solutions to help acquire, develop, deliver, and sustain space weapons systems.
AT&T has an opening for a Mission Executive to support the customer—SMC, to help lead growth across our business supporting the Space mission area, primarily across SMC.
- Establish and foster relationships with key leaders across DOD Space, primarily at SMC.
- Develop value propositions, support business cases and project plans and develop early win strategies
- Develop, organize and execute significant capture activities, including building industry and AT&T-internal teams
- Assist with the creation and execution of call plans
- Assist with the gathering, assessment and validation of customer requirements, identifying gaps and emerging requirements
- Drive all aspects of the capture successfully through the Win Plan process.
- Communicate resource needs and leverage resources assigned, collaborating with subject and technical matter experts, functional leads, and Program Managers.
- Plan and participate in capture activities, to include white papers, RFIs, sources sought, workshops, opportunity gate reviews, black hat sessions, collaboration sessions, and proposal reviews.
- Ensure timely delivery of compliant RFI, sources sought and proposal responses.
- Interact routinely with all levels of Division, Operation and Group management, infrastructure POCs, staff, and customers, and follow through on tasking.
- Prior work with US Air Force/US Space Force, preferably at SMC as Division Chief, or Director.
- Ability to influence constructively and interact at the highest levels of the corporate structure is a prerequisite.
- Excellent interpersonal, problem solving, and business acumen.
- Leadership skills to develop, organize and execute significant capture activities, including building industry teams, assessing win probability, ensuring execution of customer call plans to shape acquisitions in order to respond to and win business with new and existing customers.
- Extensive knowledge, experience, and success in winning captures of large scale opportunities over $50M
- Demonstrable understanding of all contract types (non-IDIQ, IDIQ - single or multiple award contracts), as well as payment types (e.g., FFP, T&M, cost plus).
- Confidence and experience dealing with senior executives; ability to work efficiently in fast-paced, time-sensitive and often multi-tasking environment.
- Ability to travel, as necessary in support of the capture, based on negotiated work location, up to 25% per month.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of the Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR).
- Ability to use automated tools such as Microsoft Office to present ideas, information, and reports.
- The candidate must exhibit leadership traits and personal characteristics which are necessary for success.
- Experience with federal government budget, investments and acquisition processes.
- Ability to gain internal support, operate independently with limited supervision and feedback, and establish a solid working relationship with technical staff, division managers, and peers in the Group and across AT&T.
- Ability to deliver and willingness to provide effective coaching, mentoring, and training of the capture and proposal process.
AT&T will consider for employment qualified applicants in a manner consistent with the requirements of federal, state and local laws. AT&T is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and we are committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. EOE/AA/M/F/D/V
Back to top