Member of Technical Staff-Labs Network Analytics & Automation
- San Ramon, CA
In AT&T Labs, we are helping to build the communications networks of the future by creating and driving industry leading innovations and by tackling some of the world's biggest and richest datasets. We create and drive cutting edge technologies that support AT&T's advanced networks, ranging from the planning and design of 5G and fiber networks, through to operations intelligence, optimization and automation and value added network services. The challenges that we address inspire exciting technical opportunities in optimization, orchestration, AI, machine learning, data science, network and cloud systems, and network services.
AT&T Labs' Network Analytics and Automation is looking for passionate and talented technical leaders to join our team. We are looking for unique and exceptional individuals who have a passion to architect, design, develop and drive solutions into our business. Our employees are expected to think big, and to explore, develop software and deliver on ideas and solutions to challenging real-world problems. They are independent thinkers able to lead and drive ideas from concept to operational reality. Successful candidates will work closely with fellow employees and directly with business unit leaders to impact AT&T's network and services.
Outstanding graduate level candidates at all levels of experience are encouraged to apply. Candidates must demonstrate excellence in network technologies, a collaborative spirit, strong communication skills, excellent software skills and hands-on data analytics experience. Access to real-world systems and data, the ability to work with internal and external collaborators, and the intent of making a big impact by developing solutions that will be used by tens of millions of consumers, and the largest corporations in the world, are some of the reasons AT&T Labs is an exciting place to work.
We encourage applications from candidates with experience and strong interest in any of these areas:
- 5G and Next Generation Access Network Technologies and Systems
- Network Planning, Optimization, AI and Automation
- Data Science and AI Systems
- Candidate shall have a PhD in an approved field from an accredited university, or a Master's degree in an approved field from an accredited university and a minimum of 2 years of relevant experience, or a Bachelor's degree in an approved field from an accredited university and a minimum of 4 years of relevant experience
- Degree in a relevant technical field, including but not exclusive to: Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Statistics, Machine Learning, Operations Research, Electrical or Electronic Engineering, and Mathematics.
- Established aptitude for network architecture, software prototyping and development, data science, AI and software systems as demonstrated through software platforms, algorithms, open source contributions, and internship experience.
- A demonstrated ability to operate independently, with minimal oversight, and proven experience in collaborative work environments with external customers.
- Accomplished programmer with software expertise with a language primarily relevant to the field (e.g. R, Python, C/C++, and Java).
- Your curriculum vitae, including your complete academic and professional histories and your publication record.
- At least three (3) and up to five (5) references. Your references will be contacted by email and provided with a URL for uploading their reference letter.
- A statement (up to 2000 words) describing your current technical specialty and your vision for your future work. Feel free to supply any other information helpful in assessing your application.
Back to top