Market Research & Analysis Manager
The Consumer & Competitive Insights team is seeking a Market Research & Analysis Manager to join us in our El Segundo office to support the competitive intelligence and strategic analysis needs of our Marketing, Product and Field Leadership Teams.
The department is the voice of the consumer, the marketplace, and the competition within AT&T's Mobility and Entertainment Group, conducting market research, tracking competitive pricing, features and positioning, and developing actionable insights based on various data points.
AT&T is positioned to provide consumers and businesses the integrated mobile, video, and data solutions they want; we've put the pieces in place to become the premier technology, media and telecommunications company in the world.
Our industries are evolving at a record pace and it is critical for AT&T's leadership to understand this dynamic and evolving competitive landscape. As such, the focus of the role is to develop and share insights to assist the company in developing strategies to maintain its leadership position in this space. Insights will be shared broadly throughout the organization, including with the CMO, his/her direct reports, executives across the organization, as well as product managers and colleagues in the field.
- Organize, plan, and execute on analyses; translate findings into business implications and/or recommendations
- Support our Marketing, Product and Field leadership teams with relevant, actionable analyses that focus on competitor strategies, industry trends, and emerging products/services/technologies
- Collaborate with research colleagues to provide a holistic view of the competitive landscape where AT&T participates (i.e. mobile, video, broadband)
- Craft and present strategic ad hoc analyses and reports for senior management
- Partner on cross-functional teams to integrate data, insights, and recommendations into existing or developing company strategies, new products, and marketing tactics
- Integrate competitive intelligence and market research with secondary sources to craft logical and holistic stories that drive action
- 5+ years' work experience with an emphasis on gathering data, conducting analyses, drawing conclusions, and formulating recommendations
- Bachelor's Degree in Economics, Statistics, Finance, Business or related field of study strongly preferred
- Experience in economic, strategic or management consulting
- Ability to think strategically and to develop a point of view
- A committed passion for high quality results and unwavering attention to detail
- Proficiency in standard MS Office applications, particularly Excel and PowerPoint
- Dynamic interpersonal and teamwork skills
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment
- Experience in or a working knowledge of media, entertainment and/or consumer products/services
Meet Some of AT&T's Employees
Architect, Entertainment Group
As a cloud architect, Aaron builds and designs different cloud environments that enable video processing. His work helps customers get whichever channels they want, on whatever device they require.
Back to top