LINUX Systems Administrator
Candidate(s) for this position would be a key member(s) of an operations team responsible for Red Hat Linux system administration support for server technology configured in a virtual manner for multiple service applications.
Specifically the candidate(s) would be responsible for operational support activities (e.g., software release and patch installation, fault isolation and resolution, perform system backup and recovery, maintain data files and monitor system configuration to ensure data integrity, etc.) for all fielded computer operation platforms (primarily Dell hardware).
- Tasking will also require remote hands break/fix assistance, trouble ticket generation and management, and configuration control.
- Candidate(s) may be required to learn and maintain new third party applications hardware and software.
- Candidate(s) must be able to coordinate and partner with various work centers, network engineers/administrators, and customer organizations in the execution of daily tasks.
- This is a Tier 2/ Tier 3 support position, so candidate(s) must be prepared to be on-call 24X7 on a scheduled basis.
- Documentation of standard operating procedures and/or job aides may be required as needed.
- No Relocation offered
A minimum of 5 years of proven LINUX (Red Hat) system administration experience in an operational environment
- Experience in LINUX system administration in a virtual environment using VMWare, including installing and maintaining operating systems, configuring and installing hardware/software utilizing monitoring technologies such as Solarwinds, troubleshooting, and sustaining the operational health of the infrastructure.
- Candidate(s) should also have scripting skills (e.g. Perl or shell) to automate tasks
- Experience with ticketing systems such as Trac, ManageEngine, or Remedy; and knowledge of data communications, TCP/IP, and SNMP.
- Must be capable to recommend and perform maintenance independently on production systems, as required, which may require travel in DC metro area on occasion.
- Strong communication skills, as well as excellent teaming skills and a positive, customer-focused attitude are a must.
Required Clearance: Active TS/SCI; US citizenship. (Please note that hiring will be contingent on timely transfer of clearances)
Desired: Security + certification and experience with Dell technology, vSphere or similar virtual technology, SAN, Netapp, Netbackup or similar backup capability, Active Directory, Splunk, Solarwinds and DNS configuration are strongly desired; knowledge of Windows Server 2008 systems administration, Cloudshield and network device technology would also be helpful.
AT&T is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and we are committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. EOE/AA/M/F/D/V
Meet Some of AT&T's Employees
Architect, Entertainment Group
As a cloud architect, Aaron builds and designs different cloud environments that enable video processing. His work helps customers get whichever channels they want, on whatever device they require.
Back to top