Linux System Administrator-SA1.5 (Government)
- Columbia, MD
AT&T Global Public Sector is a trusted provider of secure, IP enabled, cloud-based, network solutions and professional services to the Department of Defense. We are dedicated to recruiting, developing and empowering a diverse, high-performing workforce that is passionate about what they do, committed to our shared values and dedicated to our customers' mission.
RIS I is the delivery of regional IT services to the end user. We offer support of end user devices including desktop, workplace peripherals, and voice and video devices. We support local and campus area networks, including wireless and cable plant.
AT&T has an opening for a Linux System Administrator - To support the team by administering day-to-day IT systems to include system availability, backup/restore, configuration changes, maintaining and patching both physical and virtual.
Description of Job Duties/Responsibilities:
- Performs software installations and upgrades to operating systems and layered software packages
- Schedules installations and upgrades and maintains them in accordance with established IT policies and procedures
- Monitors and tunes the system to achieve optimum performance levels
- Installs and monitors security auditing software and remedies defects based on customer security policies
- Ensures workstation/server data integrity by evaluating, implementing, and managing appropriate software and hardware solutions
- Develops and promotes standard operating procedures
- Provides technical oversight during installations and recovery projects
- Conducts routine hardware and software audits of servers to ensure compliance with established standards, policies, and configuration guidelines
- Develops and maintains a comprehensive operating system hardware and software configuration database/library of all supporting documentation
- Responds to system alerts and engages in troubleshooting and problem resolution
- Collaborates with vendors on product capabilities and improvements needed to meet customer requirements
Required Qualifications:Seven (7) years of experience as an SA in programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity are required. Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Assurance, Information Security System Engineering, or related discipline from an accredited college or university is required. Five (5) years of SA experience may be substituted for a Bachelor's degree.
AT&T will consider for employment qualified applicants in a manner consistent with the requirements of federal, state and local laws. AT&T is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and we are committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. EOE/AA/M/F/D/V
Back to top