Linux System Administrator (Government)
Linux/Unix System Administrator (SA) position is in support of a Government Solutions customer in the Northern Virginia area. This candidate for this position will have both Linux/UNIX system administration and software development skills. The candidate will work closely with the other SAs, system vendors, and the end-users to troubleshoot and resolve issues. Skills and familiarity with the Linux Red Hat Operating System is a must. This position also requires strong problem solving and communication skills, as well as the ability to work alone and as a member of the support and development team.
- Operate, maintain and troubleshoot Linux RedHat systems within an enterprise server environment
- Install O/S patch updates and third party application updates to maintain reliability and security posture.
- Install, setup and maintain HP enterprise servers and SANS systems.
- Operate, maintain and troubleshoot ESXi virtualization systems.
- Support a Lab environment for testing software and patch updates before installing them in the Production environment.
- Create shell scripts as needed to support various monitoring and collection needs.
- Create and maintain backup of the Redhat/Unix systems and maintain and update the disaster recovery plans of the Redhat/Unix systems.
- Create and update documentation to support system administration procedures for installing, operating and maintaining the systems.
Required Skills, Experience, and Education:
- Education requirements are flexible depending on experience.
- The following skills / prerequisites are required:
- 5+ year of system administration experience
- Willingness to work occasional evenings and weekends, sometimes with little advanced notice.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Willingness to work in Northern Virginia
TS/SCI with Poly
- BA in Computer Science
- SA experience with Microsoft software
AT&T is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and we are committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. EOE/AA/M/F/D/V
Meet Some of AT&T's Employees
Pradeep M.Data Scientist
Pradeep works in the mobility organization, which is tasked with ensuring customers have a good experience while using their mobile phone and the AT&T network.
Back to top