Linux Administrator (Government)
- Columbia, MD
AT&T Global Public Sector is a trusted provider of secure, IP enabled, cloud-based, network solutions and professional services to the Intelligence Community (IC). We are dedicated to recruiting, developing and empowering a diverse, high-performing workforce that is passionate about what they do, committed to our shared values and dedicated to our customers' mission
Intelink Services provide interagency information sharing, content discovery, and collaboration capabilities on the IC system domains to the IC and its partners in Defense, Homeland Security, Foreign Affairs, and Law Enforcement.
AT&T has an opening for a Linux Administrator to support the Dev Ops Linux team in providing support to the IC community on three network fabrics.
- Provide Linux physical and virtual server support
- User account administration
- Kick start installation/configuration
- Software installation/updates/patches via Yum
- Troubleshooting Linux server hardware/software/networking
- Monitor servers for health and status
- Perform security hardening of Linux OS for compliance
- Proficient with services such as DNS, NFS, LVM, rsyslog, iptables
- Self-motivated and willing to learn new technologies
- Ability to communicate issues with team members and/or service owners
- Ability to work independently to troubleshoot and resolve issues
- Experience with scripting.
- Experience with Puppet and Ansible
- Experience with AWS Cloud and Services
- Experience with Centrify
- Experience with SAN storage from server side
- Candidate may be required to respond to after-hours requests as required in a 24 x 7 environment.
- DoD 8570 Compliance with IAT level 1 is required, or must be obtained within 6 months of employment
TS/SCI with Poly (#polygraph)
- Ten (10) years' experience in programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity within the Federal Government is required.
- Bachelor's degree in a technical discipline from an accredited college or university is required.
- Five (5) years of additional system administration experience may be substituted for a bachelor's degree.
AT&T is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and we are committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. EOE/AA/M/F/D/V
Back to top