Lead Sports Insert Graphics Developer and Designer
AT&T Sports Networks, operates ROOT SPORTS™ regional sports networks in Northwest, Rocky Mountain, Pittsburgh and Southwest regions. The four networks combined reach over 13 million households across 22 states and own exclusive rights to produce and distribute live games for more than 25 teams and conferences.
Lead Visual Designer – Creative Services
AT&T Sports Networks is seeking an experienced Lead Visual Designer for our Creative Services Department. If you’re seeking an exciting environment with an opportunity to make a real difference, enjoy being challenged, and want only to be limited by how much you desire to learn, come join us.
This position will work closely with creative leadership to develop, execute, and support a broad array of broadcast design. Daily assignments will include oversight of insert graphics development, and animated elements created to support the daily production of our live events, and packaged content. Additionally, a high degree of knowledge and skill in macros, formatting, templates and backend integration of data feeds for display on Chyron, scorebug, ticker platforms and other broadcast graphic display systems will be required. This individual will also conceptualize, design, and execute broadcast graphics consistent with our brand positioning across the company. The Lead Visual Designer will help define creative as well as provide design and technical direction to interdepartmental team members. This position will serve as a key stakeholder in the ongoing development of the networks on-air brand.
Key Roles and Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with production/content teams on long and short term insert graphics needs. Create and execute plans and processes to effectively meet these needs.
- Supervise the design, layout and accuracy of all projects assigned to the department.
- Proactively identify potential content needs related to daily live sports coverage (player movement, historical events, etc.) to support production of MLB, NBA, NHL, MLS and collegiate games.
- Coordinate and supervise progress across different digital, video and broadcast media platforms, including live and recorded broadcast television, HDTV & 4K video.
- Deep hands-on expertise developing and producing sport specific live game production packages and individual graphics on Chyron Duet Lyric Pro, Camio, Graffiti, Adobe Creative Cloud Suite 2015, as well as ticker and scorebug platforms.
- Significant experience integrating sports stats services data feeds, social media content with Chyron templates and other graphical display platforms for live sports television production. Strong understanding of sports stats services data delivery formats and templates.
- Mentor junior staffers and provide cross training opportunities to advance knowledge base and grow skill sets.
- Present sports specific graphic elements and creative concepts to network partners.
- Collaborate with Project Manager on daily work assignments for insert graphics design team.
- Work to meet long term network business objectives.
- Identify emerging opportunities as it relates to game system development and ad sales integrations.
- Identify and analyze emerging technological, design, and sports broadcasting trends.Ability to handle high volume of work; quickly, accurately, and under tight deadlines.
- Execute all tasks efficiently from detailed timelines.
- Must have strong understanding of design, typography principals, and be proficient in concept development and execution.
- Must be a strong communicator, and have the ability to cross-train and develop junior staffers in all key live graphic production disciplines.
- Must have demonstrated expertise in Chyron Duet Lyric Pro, Camio, Excel and scripting for macros, Adobe CC, and a familiarity with Cinema 4D.
- Must be extremely detail oriented and dedicated to interacting with key staff during nights and weekends as needed.
- Preferred Bachelors of Arts Degree in Graphic Design, Art, Interactive Design or a related digital or broadcast media discipline, or the equivalent combination of education and technical training.
- 7+ years experience in graphic design, illustration, broadcast design, particularly related to live sports production and data integrated display of graphics on the Chyron platform.
- 1+ years in creative project direction
This position is based in Denver, Colorado and reports to the Director of Creative Services.
Requisition ID 1659942
Meet Some of AT&T's Employees
Nancy increases the capabilities of AT&T products by expanding access, tracking, and applications, and designs purposeful and user-friendly devices that can improve people’s lives.
Back to top