Lead Product Marketing Mgr
As the largest communications company in the world, more than 120 million customers count on us every day to deliver the wireless, Internet, data and advertising services that fuel their businesses and connect them to their world. You will find yourself connecting communications and technology with opportunities that will take you to places you never imagined.
Learn more about AT&T's cutting edge opportunities with a wide range of career paths in emerging and ground breaking technologies. We're so much more than just a phone company!
Overall Purpose: Develops and implements marketing strategy for highly complex products/services. The scope of responsibility Includes new and emerging products, technologies or applications. Key Roles and Responsibilities: Develops business plans and product positioning in the marketplace. Responsible for the success of a product or group of products through development and execution of comprehensive marketing plan. Typically viewed as product owner throughout the life cycle. Conducts multi-year product planning to determine product life-cycle decisions, ensure consistency with overall marketing and corporate strategy, and achieve product performance, revenue, market share/penetration, and profitability objectives. Identifies, monitors and analyzes internal (e.g. financials, movement, revenue, cost, sales) and external (e.g., technology, market share, competitive) performance parameters in order to position, modify features and identify new uses for the product. Provides continuing product surveillance and management of established product to attain financial objectives. Accountable for revenue attainment and profitability. Leads cross functional teams in presentation and resolution of marketing deliverables as needed. Provides readout to leadership level regarding products and plans as assigned. Acts as team lead as needed to provide leadership to less experienced professionals.
Education: Typically requires a bachelor's degree.
Experience: Typically this position is considered the foremost expert within the product marketing discipline and an acknowledged authority within the organization.
- Five years product management experience
- Must be comfortable with conveying the value of new and emerging products, technologies or applications to senior level management and across a diverse product team
- Product launch and lifecycle management experience
- Previous experience leading a cross-functional organization in executing projects from ideation to completion
- Strong analytic and fact-based decision-making skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and operate in a fast-paced, high-growth professional environment
- Must possess both outstanding written and oral communication skills
- Must be proficient using Microsoft Office products including Word, Power Point, Excel and Outlook.
- Six or more years product management experience, preferably in consumer new product development
- Product management experience within high tech, software and/or wireless/telecom industry highly desired
Meet Some of AT&T's Employees
Architect, Entertainment Group
As a cloud architect, Aaron builds and designs different cloud environments that enable video processing. His work helps customers get whichever channels they want, on whatever device they require.
Back to top