Lead Construction & Engineering
- Shreveport, LA
At AT&T, we bring the world together with technology in ways you never imagined. Whether it's your next big idea or the newest innovation, we're looking for people like you to lead the way. Your creative solutions could impact innovations across telecommunications, high-speed Internet and pay TV. It's an opportunity to combine your passions for entertainment, media and technology to transform our company and your career. Step into a future with AT&T.
Overall Purpose: Manages contract resources responsible for construction or digital electronics activities such as the installation, turn-up and maintenance, building and repairing sub-structure, placing, splicing, rearrangement, and/or removal of Outside Plant (OSP) including digital facilities.
Key Roles and Responsibilities:
• Provides interpretation of terms and conditions of contractual obligations.
• Writes Work Orders with precise instructions and verbiage.
• May act as point of contact for construction changes or questions coming from the contractor or internal organizations.
• Responsible for assuring contract work is in compliance with AT&T standards, laws and regulations.
• Conducts quality inspections of contract work. Refer all safety issues immediately to the contracting firm for handling.
• Ensures that work processes, standards and master plan are in conformance, schedules are adhered to by contractors, grounding practices are followed, and that facilities were placed per the engineering work order regarding utility easements and/or right-of-way footages.
• Coordinates payment of invoices and the change order process.
• May monitor inventory and order materials as necessary.
• Responsible for providing customer support and addressing customer concerns.
• Works with local municipalities to follow all permit specifications, meets with inspectors for pre-construction and post construction inspections and acceptance.
• Reviews all final documents for accuracy, final billing and any record updates.
• Participates in Duty Roster rotation and has responsibility for out of hours/weekend management of outside plant damage restoration. Has full supervisory responsibilities of the technicians during their Duty Roster rotation.
• Typically reports to second or third level management.
Experience: Typically at least 3-5 years of network related technical experience.
Environmental Requirements: This position may be responsible for contributing to AT&T compliance with environmental laws and regulations as applicable to its job function. This may include, but is not limited to, work related to fuel tanks, emergency and stand-by generators, boilers, hazardous waste, hazardous materials, batteries, manholes and vaults, water wells, linear and other construction projects, water discharge, or air emissions.
Ready to join our team? Apply today!
Back to top