AT&T Global Public Sector is a trusted provider of secure, IP enabled, cloud-based, network solutions and professional services to the Department of Defense. We are dedicated to recruiting, developing and empowering a diverse, high-performing workforce that is passionate about what they do, committed to our shared values and dedicated to our customers' mission.
RIS I is the delivery of regional IT services to the end user. We offer support of end user devices including desktop, workplace peripherals, and voice and video devices. We support local and campus area networks, including wireless and cable plant.
AT&T has an opening for an Audio-Visual/Multimedia (AVMM) Engineer - to provide support and services in the AV Engineering Team supporting a DoD organization with VTC, IPTV, and AVMM services.
Description of Job Duties/Responsibilities:
- Resolves system operational problems by troubleshooting and performing fault isolation.
- Repairs, replaces, or reprograms faulty equipment, as required.
- Performs site surveys, generates Bill of Materials, leads integration, testing, and installations of new facilities (conference rooms, etc.).
- Acts as equipment custodian and performs inventory asset management and accountability functions.
- Conducts site surveys to establish AV/VTC systems and equipment customer requirements.
- Provides on-site support primarily at main customer site location; provides occasional alternate or satellite site support and/or travel as needed.
- Responsible for evaluating, designing, documenting, installing, implementing, testing, maintaining, operating, removing and upgrading, and modifying video teleconferencing equipment systems.
- Provide client consulting and training on control, interfaces, and use of the audio/visual and VTC equipment.
- Perform duties in the DoD classified and unclassified environments.
Required Qualifications:Bachelor's degree (or in AV Career program) or equivalent experience. AMX, Crestron, or Extron control programming certifications OR INFOCOMM Certified Technology Specialist AVIXA (CTS ®) certification (preferred).
- 1 - 3 years current experience of performance in designing, installing, and configuring enterprise Desktop VTC deployments
- Working knowledge of commercial construction methods such as ceiling deck constructions, wall framing, structural engineering, electrical wiring and cable/fiber installation
- Understanding of Depart of Defense (DoD) VTC requirements
- Working knowledge and experience configuring Tandberg/Cisco Codecs, Creston DM , NVX, and Control systems, Clear One and Creston Avia audio DSPs / Mixers
- Understanding of basic audiovisual and networking cable termination skills
- Experience with classified and unclassified IP video teleconferencing
- Proficient in Microsoft Visio, Office, including PowerPoint, Word, Excel, Access, and Outlook
- Audiovisual multi-media (AVMM) systems.
- Video teleconferencing systems.
- Audio Digital Signal Processors (DSPs).
- TCP/IP network routing and switching.
- Knowledge and use of IEEE 802.3 Ethernet, TCP/IP, QoS, ISDN, Firewall Traversal, SIP, H.323, relevant video standards.
- Working knowledge of SIP, H232, H320, H460, TLS, RTP, SRTP, TCP/IP and UDP; content control protocols, video compression standards; packet analyzers; routing protocols and networking fundamentals; Tandberg, Polycom and Cisco video and voice technologies.
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time.
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time.
- Ability to walk to various locations as needed.
- Ability to bend and navigate to perform assigned duties.
- Ability to travel by all forms of transportation 10% of time.
- Ability to lift light to moderate equipment as needed for job.
- In order to be considered for this position you must have a valid driver's license and an acceptable driving record and eligible to drive a company car.
- Experience with any of the following programming languages is a plus: C+, C++, or C#, Visual Basic, or HTML
- Knowledge of Crestron, and Extron control systems.
- Understanding of PKI desired.