Java Software Engineer/Developer (Government)
Ability to design, develop, test, integrate, deploy, and support/maintain scalable web pages and web services utilizing Java. In addition to Java, experience with Node.js, Angular, MongoDB, and MySql are desirable. Responsive Web Design
(Media Queries, Flexible Grids etc..), Linux Shell Scripting, database design, and query optimization. Ability to work in a fast pace, dynamic, small team environment. Experience with AWS cloud based deployments is a plus.
- Develops, maintains, and enhances complex and diverse software systems (e.g., processing-intensive analytics, novel algorithm development, manipulation of extremely large data sets, real-time systems, and business management
information systems) based upon documented requirements.
- Works individually or as part of a team.
- Reviews and tests software components for adherence to the design requirements and documents test results.
- Resolves software problem reports.
- Utilizes software development and software design methodologies such as, Agile development environment.
- Provides specific input to the software components of system design to include hardware/software trade-offs, software reuse, use of Commercial Off-the-shelf (COTS)/Government Off-the-shelf (GOTS) in place of new development, and
requirements analysis and synthesis from system level to individual software components.
- Candidate may be required to respond to after-hours requests as required in a 24 x 7 environment.
Fourteen (14) years' experience in programs and contracts of similar scope, type and complexity within the Federal Government is required. Bachelor's degree in System Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems,
Engineering Science, Engineering Management, or related discipline from an accredited college or university is required.
Five (5) years of additional SE experience may be substituted for a bachelor's degree.
Required Clearance: Candidate must have a TS/SCI polygraph clearance.
Desired: Java Developer (System Engineer L2) with DoD 8570.01-M appropriate certification
AT&T is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and we are committed to hiring a diverse and talented
Meet Some of AT&T's Employees
Architect, Entertainment Group
As a cloud architect, Aaron builds and designs different cloud environments that enable video processing. His work helps customers get whichever channels they want, on whatever device they require.
Back to top