IT Telephony Infrastructure Engineer-TNE2 (Government)
- Columbia, MD
AT&T Global Public Sector is a trusted provider of secure, IP enabled, cloud-based, network solutions and professional services to the Department of Defense. We are dedicated to recruiting, developing and empowering a diverse, high-performing workforce that is passionate about what they do, committed to our shared values and dedicated to our customers' mission.
RIS I is the delivery of regional IT services to the end user. We offer support of end user devices including desktop, workplace peripherals, and voice and video devices. We support local and campus area networks, including wireless and cable plant.
AT&T has an opening for an IT Telephony Infrastructure Engineer - To provide the planning, design, acquisition, implementation and Tier 3 support of VOIP based communications systems.
- Meets with customer to develop voice system enhancement requirements.
- Engineers voice solutions for small, medium and large campus voice environments.
- Performs engineering studies to determine short and long-range engineering plans and designs of telecommunication systems.
- Design, integrate, configure, deploy, test various types of voice communications related devices and systems including Cisco call manager voice gateway.
- Supports one or more of the following: network components of VOIP infrastructure, voice mail, e911, cellular and phone systems and other telecom systems as necessary.
- Conducts project planning, cost analysis and vendor comparisons.
- Analyzes network characteristics (e.g. latency, jitter, packet sizes, and throughput), troubleshoots problems, and recommends modification of voice system and network.
- Coordinates with network engineering team Drafts technical requirements and planning documentation.
- Assesses vendor patches and new feature rollouts and develops test cases to be used in integration testing.
- Helps develop installation and maintenance job guides for the technician workforce.
Certifications: An IAT level II baseline certification as defined by DoD 8570.01-M is required. CCNP, or equivalent, certification or higher required. Both certifications are REQUIRED for this position.
Required Clearance: Candidate must have a TSSCI Polygraph. (#polygraph)
AT&T will consider for employment qualified applicants in a manner consistent with the requirements of federal, state and local laws.
AT&T is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and we are committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. EOE/AA/M/F/D/V
Back to top