IT Telephony Infrastructure Engineer (Duluth)
Provides the planning, design, acquisition, implementation and Tier 3 support of VOIP based communications systems.
- Meets with customer to develop voice system enhancement requirements.
- Engineers voice solutions for small, medium and large campus voice environments.
- Performs engineering studies to determine short and long-range engineering plans and designs of telecommunication systems. Design, integrate, configure, deploy, test various types of voice communications related devices and systems including Cisco call manager voice gateway.
- Supports one or more of the following: network components of VOIP infrastructure, voice mail, e911, cellular and phone systems and other telecom systems as necessary.
- Conducts project planning, cost analysis and vendor comparisons. Analyzes network characteristics (e.g. latency, jitter, packet sizes, and throughput), troubleshoots problems, and recommends modification of voice system and network.
- Coordinates with network engineering team Drafts technical requirements and planning documentation.
- Assesses vendor patches and new feature rollouts and develops test cases to be used in integration testing.
- Helps develop installation and maintenance job guides for the technician workforce.
Required Skills, Experience, Certifications and Education:
- Eight (8) years of experience in programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity are required.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering from an accredited college or university is required. Four (4) years of additional network engineering experience may be substituted for a Bachelor's degree.
- An IAT level II baseline certification as defined by DoD 8570.01-M is required. CCNP, or equivalent, certification or higher required. Both certifications are REQUIRED for this position.
Candidate must have a TS/SCI polygraph clearance
Back to top