IT Security Specialist III (Government)
Seeking a candidate to fill an Information Assurance (IT Security Specialist III) position to support an Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) Office of Chief Information Officer (OCIO) program.
Specifically, the IT Security Specialist must provide provides technical expertise in developing, deploying, and managing security solutions for clients' business needs. Under minimal supervision, carries out all phases of information systems/networks security program that involves access to computers and computerized data enabling company to meet contractual requirements for networks security.
- Conducts regular audits to ensure that systems are being operated securely, and information systems security policies and procedures are being implemented as defined in security plans.
- Conducts investigations of computer security violations and incidents, reporting as necessary to management.
- Responds to queries and requests for computer security information and reports.
- Develops, tests, and operates firewalls, intrusion detection systems, enterprise anti-virus systems and software deployment tools.
- Safeguards systems and networks against unauthorized infiltration, modification, destruction or disclosure.
- Researches, evaluates, tests, recommends, communicates and implements new security software or devices. Implements, enforces, communicates and develops security policies or plans for data software applications, hardware and telecommunications.
- Develops materials for computer security education/awareness programs. Provides information to management regarding the negative impact on the business caused by theft, destruction, alteration or denial of access to information.
- Provides recommendations to clients on information assurance engineering standards, implementation dependencies, and changing information assurance related technologies.
- Provides information assurance project management, technical security staff oversight, and development of omission-critical technical documents.
- May participate in planning and assigning personnel for certain projects. Recommends changes in procedures.
- Must be willing to work various shifts, weekends and holidays.
- Position is located in Chandler, AZ.
The IT Security Specialist should possess the following qualities:
- Be an expert in operational security requirements
- Possess an In-depth knowledge of Federal security guidelines
- Strong analytical mind
- Strong sense of urgency
- Must possess organizational, multitasking and prioritization skills.
- Ability to communicate clearly via phone, email and chat.
- Ability / comfort to ask questions and at times question information being provided to them from various sources (to include end users, engineers, the CIO and other VIPs as needed).
IT Security Specialist duties include, but are not limited to:
- Support system accreditation activities, including contingency planning, lifecycle management, policy changes, etc.
- Monitor and enhance perimeter defense infrastructure.
- Firewall Management and Monitoring
- System administrations in accordance with security guidelines, directives, etc.
- Support organization-wide security efforts related to policy, design, analysis, vulnerability assessments, etc.
- Master's Degree in a security, engineering, or related field.
- Equivalent related technical experience and/or certifications may be considered in lieu of a graduate degree.
- Three (3) years of relevant experience managing security activities for large, enterprise networks and infrastructure.
- Ability to troubleshoot network incidents and provide a resolution report to management and / or customer.
- Ability to document solutions with MS Office products: Word, Excel, Visio, and Project.
- Ability to effectively communicate, verbally and in writing, with management and peers.
- Possess comprehensive knowledge in cybersecurity and networking.
- Experience in various OS and versions.
Required Clearance: Secret
Desired: Preferred Certifications: - CISSP - SSCP - CCNP Security - CCNA Security - Extreme Networks (Network Security) - SolarWinds Certified Professional - JNCIS-FWV - JNCDS-SEC - JNCIP-SEC
AT&T is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and we are committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. EOE/AA/M/F/D/V
Meet Some of AT&T's Employees
Vice President, Video Marketing
Hanny is responsible for driving revenue from all of AT&T’s content businesses. Since the acquisition of DIRECTV and the pending acquisition of Time Warner, she has also been overseeing video content distribution.
Back to top