IT Help Desk Support (Government) Tyndall AFB
This position is for IT Help Desk support to the United States Air Force Civil Engineer Center (AFCEC) at Tyndall Air Force Base, Florida. The candidate must demonstrate applicable skill level and experience in help desk support across multiple geographic locations- CONUS and OCONUS. This position is responsible for Help Desk support, and addressing multiple requests of varying complexity.
Specific work to be performed includes the following:
- Answer calls and emails with support requests addressing:
- Lost passwords
- Domain administration
- User errors and requests for assistance o Requests for instructions and guidance documents
- Use Remedy to enter, track, and close all help requests
- Manage and close internal and external taskers associated with Help Desk tickets
- Research, provide recommended solutions and/or resolve questions, issues, and risks identified in Help Desk calls/emails for trend analysis
- Support Government working groups and meetings as requested
- Compile meeting minutes & actions items and provide recommended action to the Government Program Management team as requested
- Coordinate with contractors and the Government on system issues, as necessary
- Perform records management of all documents related to Help Desk actions
- Travel: Less than 25%
Security Clearance: Active DoD Secret
Education/Certifications: AS and 2 years' experience Network + Certification or equivalent
Desired: Thorough knowledge of Microsoft Windows 2000/2003/2007 Server, Microsoft Exchange Server 2003, Microsoft Windows XP/Vista operating systems (OS) administration and associated hardware Working knowledge of Local Area Network (LAN) and Wide Area Network (WAN) technologies and data backup technologies to include communication security (COMSEC) integration. Working knowledge and current relevant experience with PL1 & PL2 systems; experience with PL3 & PL4 cross domain solutions desired. Must have the ability to work in a dynamic environment and effectively interact with numerous DoD, military/civilian personnel and industry partners. Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, and Excel). Possess a high degree of originality, creativity, initiative requiring minimal supervision. Willingness to travel. Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
AT&T is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and we are committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. EOE/AA/M/F/D/V
Meet Some of AT&T's Employees
Architect, Entertainment Group
As a cloud architect, Aaron builds and designs different cloud environments that enable video processing. His work helps customers get whichever channels they want, on whatever device they require.
Back to top