IT Field Support Specialist-HT0 (Government)
- Columbia, MD
AT&T Global Public Sector is a trusted provider of secure, IP enabled, cloud-based, network solutions and professional services to the Department of Defense. We are dedicated to recruiting, developing and empowering a diverse, high-performing workforce that is passionate about what they do, committed to our shared values and dedicated to our customers' mission.
RIS I is the delivery of regional IT services to the end user. We offer support of end user devices including desktop, workplace peripherals, and voice and video devices. We support local and campus area networks, including wireless and cable plant.
AT&T has an opening for IT Field Support Speciali st - To support our end-user community. The Hardware Technician provides Tier 2 and 3 on-site and remote supports for computer workstations, servers, printers, peripherals, and teleconferencing equipment.
Description of Job Duties/Responsibilities:
- Conducts sites surveys; assesses and documents current site configuration and user requirements
- Analyzes existing requirements and prepares specifications for hardware acquisitions
- Prepares engineering plans and site installation Technical Design Packages
- Develops hardware installation schedules
- Prepares drawings documenting configuration changes at each site
- Prepares site installation and test reports
- Configures computers, communications devices and peripheral equipment
- Trains site personnel in proper use of hardware
- Builds specialized interconnecting cables
- Troubleshoot, repair, and test computer workstations, servers, printers, peripherals, and teleconferencing equipment
- Install and configure computer workstations, servers, printers, peripherals, and teleconferencing equipment and associated cabling
- Maintain government and/or vendor-manufactured fiber optic modems, multiplexer, fiber optic/Ethernet cables & telephone systems
- Updates technical drawings using AutoCAD software as needed
Required Qualifications: Minimum education and experience level: High school/GED and zero (0) years of experience. Equivalent education and experience: Must be willing to drive an AT&T Motor Vehicle for an authorized purpose upon request.
- Highly skilled in installing, repairing and troubleshooting computer hardware and peripherals. Well-versed in installing windows, software, applications, antivirus and patches
- Demonstrated ability to read and understand technical manuals and schematics
- Expertise in Microsoft Office Applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access)
- Able to manage time and priorities effectively
- Able to work efficiently with minimal supervision
- Proficient in working with end-users remotely
- Demonstrated expertise in Microsoft Windows 7 and 10
- Familiar with Active Directory security and policies
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Outstanding communication skills to relate with team members and support workers
- Must be able to drive a company vehicle.
- Must be available to work an 8 hour shift between the hours of 6am-and 6pm, as determined by management.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds
Desired Qualifications: 8570 Certification
AT&T will consider for employment qualified applicants in a manner consistent with the requirements of federal, state and local laws.
AT&T is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and we are committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. EOE/AA/M/F/D/V
Back to top