IT Field Support Specialist (Duluth)
The Hardware Technician provides Tier 2 and 3 on-site and remote supports for computer workstations, servers, printers, peripherals, and teleconferencing equipment. Conducts sites surveys; assesses and documents current site configuration and user requirements. Analyzes existing requirements and prepares specifications for hardware acquisitions. Prepares engineering plans and site installation Technical Design Packages. Develops hardware installation schedules. Prepares drawings documenting configuration changes at each site. Prepares site installation and test reports. Configures computers, communications devices and peripheral equipment. Trains site personnel in proper use of hardware. Builds specialized interconnecting cables.
1. Troubleshoot, repair, and test computer workstations, servers, printers, peripherals, and teleconferencing equipment.
2. Install and configure computer workstations, servers, printers, peripherals, and teleconferencing equipment and associated cabling.
3. Maintain government and/or vendor-manufactured fiber optic modems, multiplexer, fiber optic/Ethernet cables & telephone systems.
4. Updates technical drawings using AutoCAD software as needed.
Required Skills, Experience, and Education: Minimum education and experience level: High school/GED and a minimum of four (4) years of experience. Equivalent education and experience: Associate's degree and two (2) years of experience.
1. Highly skilled in installing, repairing and troubleshooting computer hardware and peripherals. Well-versed in installing windows, software, applications, antivirus and patches.
2. Demonstrated ability to read and understand technical manuals and schematics.
3. Expertise in Microsoft Office Applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access).
4. Able to manage time and priorities effectively.
5. Able to work efficiently with minimal supervision.
6. Proficient in working with end-users remotely.
7. Demonstrated expertise in Microsoft Windows 7 and 10.
8. Familiar with Active Directory security and policies.
9. Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
10. Outstanding communication skills to relate with team members and support workers.
11. Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
12. Must be able to drive a company vehicle.
13. Must be available to work an 8 hour shift between the hours of 6am-and 6pm, as determined by management.
Must be willing to drive an AT&T Motor Vehicle for an authorized purpose upon request. Must be able to lift up-to 50 pounds. The usual and customary methods of performing the job's functions require the following physical demands: significant lifting, carrying, pushing, and/or pulling; some stooping, kneeling, crouching, and/or crawling; periodic work in tight areas.
Required Clearance: Candidate must be able to obtain a U.S. Government Security Clearance.
Back to top