It's your turn to take the lead and deliver the future before anyone else. You'll introduce our customers to AT&T's award-winning TV service and state of the art technology while creating a best in class customer service experience. Be at the center of innovation, communicating your expertise through hands-on demos and service installations that provide customers with access to the world's most robust network.
What's it like to join our team? Well, you'll work both in and outside our customer's homes and businesses to install DIRECTV services. But that's not all. Your expert knowledge in our wide-range of technology and services will provide customized solutions to meet needs and elevate the installation experience. And to make sure you hit the ground running, we'll provide extensive training and the resources you need in a supportive team environment.
To qualify, you'll need to:
- Work a flexible schedule including evenings and weekends
- Possess a valid state driver's license and clean driving record
- Lift and move up to 80 lbs.
- Possibly work in small confined spaces or aloft (up to 28 ft.)
- Identify wire and cable colors
- Qualify on pre-employment assessments
- Weigh less than 275 lbs. for ladder safety
You'll also gain an amazing benefits package with medical/dental coverage, 401(k) plan, tuition reimbursement and paid time off. In addition to these benefits you'll be a part of our ongoing paid training in your field leading to exciting career paths. Rounding out these benefits and perks we also provide 50% employee discount on:
- AT&T phone (formerly U-verse Voice)
- DIRECTV (including Free HBO & NFL Sunday Ticket), DIRECTV NOW or U-verse TV
Have you worked for three or more years installing or maintaining entertainment, security, or networking equipment for customers or have similar experience? Do you have a post-high school education? If yes, you can join our team with a starting pay of over $20 per hour or qualify for a wage credit. Don't have three years of experience? We offer a competitive salary for all levels of expertise and provide great opportunities for career growth.
Don't take our word for it. Our employees say it best! Watch now .
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Preparing for installations by reviewing installation orders, gathering equipment, supplies and tools and coordinating schedules with customers.
- Planning installations by evaluating location, locating access and laying-out equipment and wiring plan.
- Establishing satellite TV systems by installing equipment, running and pulling cable, programming and calibrating equipment while adhering to codes, regulations and standards.
- Verifying satellite TV systems for correct functionality and optimal performance by testing equipment and connections and identifying and correcting any issues.
- Maintaining accurate records through documenting installations, services and repairs.
- Maintaining and improving service and rapport with customers through listening to their descriptions of problems, answering questions and resolving issues through diagnosing, troubleshooting, repairing, replacing and/or upgrading components.
- Referring to schematics, manuals and manufacturer's instructions as needed.
- Maintaining a safe work environment by following safe practices and adhering to safety policies.
- Ensuring adequate supply levels by inventorying stock, placing and verifying orders.
- Updating and improving job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities and reading technical publications.
- Enhancing the organization's reputation through personal accountability for accomplishing new and different requests and always striving to add value.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must possess a valid driver's license in the primary state of residence
- Must be able to speak clearly, concisely, and to communicate effectively in a courteous and professional manner
- Solid written communication skills required
- Must be able to work full time, up to and including six days a week; which may include nights, weekends, and holidays, as required
- Must meet company hiring criteria for pre-employment screening, including drug test, criminal background check, fitness for duty, and MVR check
- Must be able to obtain all necessary certifications, including SBCA, Service, SW iM, and Ka/Ku, as required
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office and inventory software systems preferred
- SBCA and/or other industry certifications preferred
- Six months experience in telecommunications, electrical, construction, or related field preferred
- Working knowledge of handheld electronics, including smart phones, iPads, etc., preferred
- Must be able to lift up to 80 pounds and climb ladders up to 40 feet in length
- Must be able to work in tight spaces, including attics and crawl spaces
- Must be able to work outside in extreme weather conditions, including precipitation and temperature variations
- Must be able to stand for extended periods of time
- An essential duty of the position of Technician is to install satellite dishes with the use of a ladder on customers ‘homes. The ladders used by DIRECTV have been rated by the American National Standards Institute (ANSI) to hold a maximum total weight (including tool belt and equipment) of 375 lbs. To allow for the weight of equipment an individual's weight cannot exceed 275 lbs.
*To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The qualifications and requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Hours vary depending on assignment. May be required to work day, evening, or night shifts; overtime, call-outs, weekends and holidays as required. On-call availability may be required. Out- of-town assignments may be required which may include travel and overnight stay.
Premises Technician Assessment
Technical Mechanical Test-Field III
Premises Technician Inventory
Back to top