Works inside or outside to install and repair equipment, and/or services; Makes necessary connections to provide voice, data, and video service. Duties may include but are not limited to the following:
Duties may include but are not limited to the following:
- Install and rearrange inside wire
- Install Network Interface Device (NID)
- Place and replace Customer Premise Equipment (CPE)
- Place cross-connects as appropriate between SAC point and the 7330 or its equivalent
- Verify all service are working
- Educate customers on the features and functionality of the services
- Demonstrates, sells, and bills appropriate items of telephone service on contacts w/customers.
- Selects location and installs equipment with customers, including inside wiring.
- Performs the maintenance of the CPE equipment, wiring & jacks inside the customer's premise up to and including the NID
- Use simple meters to perform Go, NO-Go type testing.
- Perform work in buildings, attics, basements, and crawl spaces
- Perform work involving bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling, etc.
- Use company PC to retrieve and complete orders
- Works independently with little supervision
- Works outside in all types of weather
- Drives a company vehicle or may report directly to work location.
- Positions AT&T as the premier provider of choice.
- Uses and/or wears appropriate safety equipment and follows established safety practices and procedures.
- Specific assignments may involve driving a company vehicle. These assignments require a minimum age of 18, an acceptable driving record and a valid driver's license.
- May require the ability to drive a vehicle with manual transmission, depending on job assignment.
- Satisfactory attendance record and performance ratings in present job.
- Satisfactory results from a security investigation, as required, unless previously met.
- Other factors which may vary based on work group requirements.
- Must wear body belt and pouch with tools weighing about 15 pounds.
- Lifting will be required, up to 80 pounds, depending on assignment.
- Uses hand tools such as screwdrivers, pliers, drills and wrenches.
- To meet manufacturer's safety requirements on equipment used, candidate's body weight, plus tools and material, must not exceed 300 pounds for assignments involving ladder climbing.
- Must be able to distinguish colors in accordance with specific job requirements.
- Must be able to climb ladders up to 28 feet and work aloft with hand tools.
- Requires the ability to climb poles and ladders.
Hours vary depending on assignment. May be required to work day, evening, or night shifts; overtime, call-outs, weekends and holidays as required. On-call availability may be required. Out- of-town assignments may be required which may include travel and overnight stay.
Back to top