As a DIRECTV Technician - Installation, you will be responsible for providing our customers excellent service through installing, troubleshooting, and upgrading satellite TV systems.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Preparing for installations by reviewing installation orders, gathering equipment, supplies and tools and coordinating schedules with customers.
- Planning installations by evaluating location, locating access and laying-out equipment and wiring plan.
- Establishing satellite TV systems by installing equipment, running and pulling cable, programming and calibrating equipment while adhering to codes, regulations and standards.
- Verifying satellite TV systems for correct functionality and optimal performance by testing equipment and connections and identifying and correcting any issues.
- Maintaining accurate records through documenting installations, services and repairs.
- Maintaining and improving service and rapport with customers through listening to their descriptions of problems, answering questions and resolving issues through diagnosing, troubleshooting, repairing, replacing and/or upgrading components.
- Referring to schematics, manuals and manufacturer's instructions as needed.
- Maintaining a safe work environment by following safe practices and adhering to safety policies.
- Ensuring adequate supply levels by inventorying stock, placing and verifying orders.
- Updating and improving job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities and reading technical publications.
- Enhancing the organization's reputation through personal accountability for accomplishing new and different requests and always striving to add value.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must possess a valid driver's license in the primary state of residence
- Must be able to speak clearly, concisely, and to communicate effectively in a courteous and professional manner
- Solid written communication skills required
- Must be able to work full time, up to and including six days a week; which may include nights, weekends, and holidays, as required
- Must meet company hiring criteria for pre-employment screening, including drug test, criminal background check, fitness for duty, and MVR check
- Must be able to obtain all necessary certifications, including SBCA, Service, SW iM, and Ka/Ku, as required
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office and inventory software systems preferred
- SBCA and/or other industry certifications preferred
- Six months experience in telecommunications, electrical, construction, or related field preferred
- Working knowledge of handheld electronics, including smart phones, iPads, etc., preferred
- Must be able to lift up to 80 pounds and climb ladders up to 40 feet in length
- Must be able to work in tight spaces, including attics and crawl spaces
- Must be able to work outside in extreme weather conditions, including precipitation and temperature variations
- Must be able to stand for extended periods of time
- An essential duty of the position of Technician is to install satellite dishes with the use of a ladder on customers ‘homes. The ladders used by DIRECTV have been rated by the American National Standards Institute (ANSI) to hold a maximum total weight (including tool belt and equipment) of 375 lbs. To allow for the weight of equipment an individual's weight cannot exceed 275 lbs.
*To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The qualifications and requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Back to top