Installation Engineer (Government)
The Installation Engineer (IE) position is in support of a Government Customer in the Northern Virginia area (NVA). The IE candidate will perform all engineering tasks associated with equipment installation at the customer sites. Additionally, they will conduct sites survey, develop site design and installation package, and conduct actual site installation. As part of project life cycle, the IE will update and maintain the site documentation.
- Coordinate work activities with customers, program engineers, operation engineers, and site personnel.
- Participate in customer planning, technical exchange, and coordination meetings, as well as monthly customer status meetings.
- Participate in and provide site specific information for the project readiness review cycle, develop and conduct design reviews, and provide implementation coordination with affected O&M sites.
- Occasional travel outside the NMA
- Prior experience with telecommunications transport technologies.
- Prior experience with copper and fiber infrastructure technologies.
- Ability to develop documentation associated to sites installation projects.
- Highly self-motivated and able to work independently, under only general supervision, or successfully within a small team of network engineers.
- Possess exemplary organizational and communication skills, and be able to manage several projects at one time.
- Public speaking and technical writing skills.
Required Clearance: Active TS/SCI, with Poly or able to obtain Poly.
Desired: Any infrastructure type certifications
AT&T is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and we are committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. EOE/AA/M/F/D/V
Meet Some of AT&T's Employees
Architect, Entertainment Group
As a cloud architect, Aaron builds and designs different cloud environments that enable video processing. His work helps customers get whichever channels they want, on whatever device they require.
Back to top