Information Systems Security Officer (Government)
- Capitol Heights, MD
AT&T Global Public Sector is a trusted provider of solutions and professional services to the Intelligence Community . We are dedicated to recruiting, developing and empowering a diverse, high-performing workforce that is passionate about what they do, committed to our shared values and dedicated to our customers' mission.
Our National Security Team supports our Nation's warfighters, providing, operating and assuring critical information and professional services for the full spectrum of military operations.
AT&T has an opening for an Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) to support the Government Program Office in Suitland, Maryland, in providing experienced information security program support.
- Work is located 100% on government site (no telework).
- Provide support for an IT infrastructure cybersecurity program, including researching, proposing, implementing, and enforcing security policies, standards, and methodologies.
- Coordinate with activity security manager regarding implementation of information systems security measures and procedures.
- Assist ISSM with incident reporting and initiate corrective measures after incident or vulnerability assessment.
- Maintain operational security and cybersecurity posture for an IT infrastructure to ensure information security policies, standards, and procedures are established and followed.
- Assist with and perform day-to-day security operations, providing security expertise with system security plans (SSP), upgrades, scans and access.
- Inform users about security measures, explain potential threats, install software, implement security measures and monitor networks.
- Define, create, and maintain documentation for certification and accreditation of the network in accordance with government requirements.
- Review systems in order to identify potential security weaknesses, recommend improvements to mitigate vulnerabilities, implement changes, and document upgrades.
- Provide configuration management (CM) for information system security software, hardware, and firmware.
- Prepare and review documentation to include Systems Security Plans (SSPs), Risk Assessment Reports (RARs), Certification and Accreditation (C&A) packages, and System Requirements Traceability Matrices (SRTMs).
Current Top Secret clearance (must have current SSBI) and SCI eligibility reported in JPAS or DISS. (#topsecret)
- Strong experience in IT security, including C&A and/or IT security risk analysis, preferably in support of Navy or intelligence programs (Several years or more of related experience preferred).
- Bachelor's Degree in computer science, cyber security information systems, software engineering, or other related technical discipline preferred.
- Required: At least one (1) DoD 8570/8140 IAT level II or higher IAT III certification required, such as: Security+ CE, CASP, CCNA-Security, CSA+, GICSP, GSEC, SSCP, GCIH, CISA, CISSP (or Associate), GCED, etc. https://public.cyber.mil/cw/cwmp/dod-approved-8570-baseline-certifications/
- Required: Experience with Federal government C&A and RMF policies and practices, particularly FISMA, NIST SP 800 53 and NIST SP 800-37.
- Knowledge of DODM 5200.01, and SECNAV M 5239.2 preferred
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral); able to effectively interact with application developers, engineers, users, customers, partners, and associates at all levels.
- Because of the constant developing nature of information systems and cyber-attacks, must be committed to continuous learning and system development.
- CISSP certification highly preferred. Others are helpful, such as GIAC, CEH, and TNCP.
- Knowledge of DoD organizations desirable.
Back to top