Information Systems Security Engineer (Duluth)
Job Description: The Information Systems Security Engineer shall perform, or review, technical security assessments of computing environments to identify points of vulnerability, non-compliance with established Information Assurance (IA) standards and regulations, and recommend mitigation strategies. Validates and verifies system security requirements definitions and analysis and establishes system security designs. Designs, develops, implements and/or integrates IA and security systems and system components including those for networking, computing, and enclave environments to include those with multiple enclaves and with differing data protection/classification requirements. Builds IA into systems deployed to operational environments. Assists architects and systems developers in the identification and implementation of appropriate information security functionality to ensure uniform application of Agency security policy and enterprise solutions. Supports the building of security architectures. Enforce the design and implementation of trusted relations among external systems and architectures. Assesses and mitigates system security threats/risks throughout the program life cycle. Contributes to the security planning, assessment, risk analysis, risk management, certification and awareness activities for system and networking operations.
Key tasks include:
- Reviewing security architectures, firewall configurations, IDS/IPS, and security controls for new and proposed systems.
- Prevention and early detection and resolution of risks to high value assets.
- Development and management of strategic and tactical physical, personnel and procedural security programs.
- Architect, design, implement, support, and evaluate security-focused tools and services including project leadership roles.
- Providing software vulnerability remediation advice to software developers and software development teams.
- Implementing security vulnerability testing tools to provide continuous monitoring and patch verification.
- Test and evaluate products in a lab environment.
- Reviews certification and accreditation (C&A) documentation, providing feedback on completeness and compliance of its content.
- Knowledge of 800-53 controls, testing information systems for compliance of the controls, and the creation of test cases.
- Knowledge of incident response and the creation, execution, and reporting of such activities.
- Knowledge of Firewalls, IDS/IPS, intrusion detection, VLANS, routing and other network security technologies.
- Knowledge of virtualization technologies including virtual firewalls, networking and segmentation.
- Knowledge of networking and firewall configuration and monitoring.
- Knowledge of SIEM technologies such as Splunk and creation of security event related dashboards.
- Knowledge of Malware identification, containment, and eradication.
- Knowledge of access control systems, PKI, multi-factor authentication, and entitlements management.
- Proficient in Microsoft Windows and Linux operating systems.
- Provide input into the development of security policies and procedures.
- Provide detailed security recommendations for the secure development and maintenance of systems.
- Evaluate and recommend new and emerging security products and technologies.
- Provide security operations support as needed.
- Participate in projects that develop new intellectual property.
- Evangelize security within the organization and be an advocate for customer trust.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent leadership skills and teamwork skills.
- Results oriented, high energy, self-motivated.
- Candidate may be required to respond to after-hours requests as required in a 24 x 7 environment.
Required Skills, Experience, and Education :
Fourteen (14) years' experience as an ISSE on programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity within the Federal Government is required. Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Assurance, Information Security System Engineering, or related discipline from an accredited college or university is required. Four (4) years of additional ISSE experience may be substituted for a bachelor's degree
DoD 8570 compliance with IASAE Level 2 is required.
Required Clearance: TS/SCI w/polygraph
Back to top