Information System Security Specialist (Government)
- Network Support and Administration on Windows and Unix/Linux platforms
- Coordinates with the organization's Computer Security Official (CSO) for systems that impact programs implemented in their organization.
- Responsible for working with the Center Chief Information Security Officer (CISO) to ensure the customer organization's systems are secure and not a threat to the security posture of the Center and Agency.
- Reviews and develops systems security policy, guidelines, and procedures for systems processing multiple applications that require differing and conflicting security controls, and that are typically accessed by a large distributed user community.
- Develops or interprets policy and procedural controls covering physical security, application and data security, system software security, contingency planning, compliance with personnel clearance procedures, security education and training, and contractor security.
- Conducts technical network vulnerability and risk assessments.
- Ensures the confidentiality, availability and integrity of IT systems through full compliance with the Federal Information Security Management Act, related NIST standards, and Agency IT security policies and standards. Investigates security incidents and evaluates systems security.
- Oversees the migration of systems to the production environment and monitors systems for stability, accuracy, and performance.
- Meets with programmers and functional area specialists to coordinate work and resolve problems.
- Meets with vendor technical representatives to resolve technical issues, and to implement and coordinate new software releases.
- Reviews IT Security policy, regulations, and procedural changes to determine their impact on areas of responsibility.
- Coordinates the use of core software across multiple platforms and troubleshooting procedures for related applications.
- Prepares strategies for recovery in the event of systems failure.
- Provides IT Security advice for the implementation, maintenance, enhancement, and coordination of online systems and Web sites on the Internet.
- Coordinates and participates in the security planning, design, development, testing, and implementation of organizational Web site(s).
- Integrates configuration management, information technology architecture, infrastructure design, and systems integration aspects into IT security project plans.
- Identifies standards for change management and controls the change process by reviewing configuration change requests.
- Designs and oversees systems testing.
- Assists in reviewing final software installation and system plans for additional security risks not identified during proposal stages and recommends work process changes and general design and programming techniques to alleviate potential security problems.
Experience with Information Assurance Vulnerability Management(IAVM), AIS policy development, security solutions design/implementation, C&A/A&A integration, configuration, testing, and management, and risk management assessment.
Requires a High School Degree with 3-5 years of experience in Network Support/Administration. DoD 8570.1 (IAM- Level II) certification.
Required Clearance: TS/SCI
AT&T is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and we are committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. EOE/AA/M/F/D/V
Back to top