Information Assurance Engineer Level 3 (Government)
- Vienna, VA
AT&T Global Public Sector is a trusted provider of secure, IP enabled, cloud-based, network solutions and professional services to the Federal Government. We are dedicated to recruiting, developing and empowering a diverse, high-performing workforce that is passionate about what they do, committed to our shared values and dedicated to our customers' mission.
Our National Security Team supports the intelligence community, providing, operating and assuring critical voice, video and collaboration services for the full spectrum of operations. The services required by this contract will assist OS&CI in providing the NRO a secure mission environment. The contractor shall provide realistic, innovative information security solutions to accomplish the requirements in addition to program management. The services obtained under this contract shall provide expertise to support information systems security, security control assessments, information assurance engineering, and security control assessments test engineering.
AT&T has an opening for an Information Assurance Engineer (IAE), level 3 to support the National Security Sector, in providing subject matter expertise conducting information systems security engineering activities throughout the acquisition lifecycle. IAEs are responsible for capturing and refining information protection requirements to ensure their integration into information systems acquisition and information systems development through purposeful security design or configuration. The IAE integrates security functional requirements into existing acquisition lifecycle phases, milestones, and deliverables using systems engineering principles and methodologies. Candidates shall be knowledgeable of best practices when implementing security controls including software engineering methodologies, security engineering principles, and secure coding techniques and coordinates activities with assessment and authorization stakeholders.
- The IAE shall participate in discussions at the system engineering level to enhance the security of NRO networks and information systems;
- The IAE shall provide support to system certification activities and efforts related to system certification and accreditation:
- The IAE shall provide technical support in investigating and minimizing real or potential damage resulting from security incidents;
- The IAE shall research. analyze. integrate, and distribute IS security tools and associated documentation, subject to government review and approval;
- The IAE shall provide on-site assistance for integrating IS security tools into contractor and Government information systems;
- The IAE shall develop and propose security procedures for systems and software within area of expertise to ensure consistent security policy implementation for review and approval by the Government;
- The IAE shall create, update. and present Information Assurance (IA) related briefings and other related materials to both internal and external organizations as a security Subject Matter Expert (SME);
- The IAE shall participate in and support various Information Assurance forums as directed.
- The IAE shall support the Intelligence Community (IC) and Industry-based working groups as directed;
- In addition to the tasks above, the IAE personnel assigned to OS&CI/F&ISD shall conduct cyber security research and assessments. responding to F&ISD Front Office requirements and provide reports and activities to F&ISD or his designee.
Active TS/SCI, with Poly (#polygraph)
- Candidates must have a bachelor's degree or higher and 8 years of experience that can be a combination of work history and education.
- This equates to master's and 6 years, bachelor's and 8 years, Associates and 15 years or HS and 15 years.
- Must meet minimum requirements for DoD 8570 IASAE Level 2 certification requirements.
- Knowledge of and experience with ICD 503 and the Government's certification and accreditation process;
- Networks, computer components, system protocols, and COTS technology;
- System methodologies including client/server, web hosting, web content servers, policy servers, directory servers, firewalls, WAN, MAN, LAN, switches, and routers;
- Software integration of COTS and Government Off-the-Shelf (GOTS) products;
- VMware, Xen, Hyper V and other virtualization platforms;
- Education relevant to computer engineering, information security, information management, and/or computer science;
- Experience in technical project management; and
- Technical experience in:
- Configuring and supporting, at a minimum, Windows, Linux, Unix, Mac OS;
- Configuring and supporting, at a minimum, VMware, Xen, Hyper V;
- Software engineering;
- Program design and implementation;
- Configuration management;
- System maintenance;
- Integration testing; and
- Information system engineering.
Back to top