Hardware Engineer (Government)
AT&T is seeking hardware engineers to fill journeyman executing the Western Range Modernization Network (WMN) program. Hardware engineers are assigned to the Range Deployment Team which conducts site surveys, fiber testing, system installation, and system support. Hardware engineers support procurement, acceptance, staging, deployment, configurations, installation, and testing of network hardware required to support the upgrade of the Western Range Communications Subsystem (CMSS).
- Fabricate, test, troubleshoot/repair various types of cable assemblies, including but not limited to; coax, multi-conductor/-paired cables, and network cables.
- Installation of under-floor/over-head cable trays, conduit, and fiber innerduct.
- Reference and comprehend equipment manuals, product specification sheets, blueprints, drawings, and engineering sketches to complete range deployment tasks
- Correctly operate test equipment, connector crimpers, die inserts, stripping tools, power tools, and other common hand tools and shop equipment.
- Participate in cross-functional customer facing product teams (IPTs).
- Support Cyber/IA team to ensure network is hardened to meet security needs.
- Support Program Manager in estimating, reporting, and planning hardware deployment tasks.
- Adhere to established policies and procedures pertaining to job site safety, security, and time-keeping.
- Bachelor degree in related technical field or equivalent work experience. BS and 2 to 4 years experience
- Experience with electronic equipment fabrication & assembly, cable fabrication, equipment installation, and wiring termination/harnessing experience.
- Demonstrated ability to quickly establish proficiency on new IT products/product lines.
- Experience on a DoD system development program (Western Range experience a plus)
- Recognized certification in network technology (i.e. Network+, CCNA, etc.).
- Experience designing, configuring, installing, integrating and testing an IPv6 network.
- Experience with network hardware installation, configuration, and testing.
- Experience interfacing with a project Integrated Master Schedule (IMS)
- Experience with common circuit/signal testers like Fireberd, Fluke, Oscilloscopes, etc.
- Experience with relevant industry software products like MS Office, MS Project, MS Sharepoint,
- Must have a current SECRET clearance.
- US Citizenship.
AT&T is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and we are committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. EOE/AA/M/F/D/V
Back to top