Global Connections and Supply Chain Internship
At AT&T we drive innovation forward using technology to develop the global supply chain and help our business partners succeed. Our entrepreneurial and collaborative teams thrive on delivering results that impact our global business with a keen eye on every customer experience and operational opportunity.
As an intern within AT&T Global Connections and Supply Chain Organization, you'll have a chance to gain insight and exposure to everything from Contract Management and Logistics to Data Sciences and Procurement. You will utilize your technical, legal, finance, and supply chain knowledge to develop, analyze and execute strategies that improve AT&T's supply chain from end to end, while establishing the connections you need as you begin to be successful in your career.
This is a unique, multi-faceted position. Cross functional collaboration and teaming are essential elements within AT&T and necessitates effective communication from day to day interactions with peers and business partners, through discussions with Senior Leadership. Successful candidates will be placed into one of the branches of our team that matches your skills, background, education and talents including Strategic Sourcing Management, Inventory Management, or Logistics and Data Science.
Qualified candidates will be pursuing a bachelor's degree in Business, Finance, Applied Mathematics, Economics, Engineering, Computer Science, or Supply Chain and graduating by or before Spring 2020.
You'll build on your experience in analyzing large data sets and building sophisticated models, and have a background in sourcing, inventory management or logistics. Your knowledge of supply chain systems and applications (SAP, Oracle, etc.) will also be a key ingredient to your success. Direct industry and occupational experience is also a consideration and may be substituted with relevant education.
Additional skills required to succeed in these internships:
Strategic Sourcing Management
- Transactional law experience: ability to draft and edit contracts and understand the legal implications of subtle changes in language
- Business law experience or education, including coursework in Business Associations or Corporate Law, Mergers & Acquisitions, Dispute Resolution, Anti-trust, Corporate Tax, and Intellectual Property
- Negotiations coursework and a strong ability to negotiate, influence, and persuade others
- Competitive bidding processes and supply chain analysis
Inventory Management or Logistics
- Experience with logistics, inventory management, and/or freight modeling in a multi-modal environment
- Logistics (warehousing, distribution, 3PL, etc.) and fleet operations experience
- Knowledge of import/export and trade compliance requirements
- Experience leading high-impact Quality projects (Six Sigma, Lean, TL9000, etc.)
Ready to be the future? Apply today!
NOTE: In addition to applying for this posting on your University site, you are required to apply directly with AT&T by visiting http://connect.att.jobs/search/1761943 and submitting your application on AT&T's website.
AT&T will not sponsor applicants for work visas of any kind for this position.
- Completion of undergraduate degree in Business, Finance, Applied Mathematics, Economics, Engineering, Computer Science, Logistics, Supply Chain, or similar
- 3 years or relevant experience
- Ability to address issues, solve the problem, and achieve results
- Ability to prioritize, manage, and lead projects to completion
- Effective communication skills
- Effective at working with external individuals with different goals
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously against tight deadlines
- Exceptional negotiation and persuasion skills
- Experience managing relationships and interacting with others
- Ability to understand and communicate technical subject matter
- Background in the telecommunications or high-technology industries
- Previous experience leading others
Back to top