Field Telecom Technician I (Government)
- Albuquerque, NM
AT&T Global Public Sector is a trusted provider of secure, IP enabled, cloud-based, network solutions and professional services to the Federal Government. We are dedicated to recruiting, developing and empowering a diverse, high-performing workforce that is passionate about what they do, committed to our shared values and dedicated to our customers' mission.
Our Department of Energy Team supports the Agency's national efforts to manage the countries energy resources. Our support of Sandia Labs includes all aspects of IT system and network security measures to ensure the site operates securely and efficiently.
AT&T has an opening for a Field Telecom Technician I to support the DOE, in supporting physical telecommunication infrastructure and project coordination activities supporting the Sandia Labs infrastructure.
- Plans network installations by studying customer orders, plans, manuals, and technical specifications
- Orders and gathers equipment, supplies, materials, and tools, assessing installation site
- Prepares an installation diagrams.
- Establishes voice and data networks by running, pulling, terminating, and splicing cables
- Installs telecommunications equipment, routers, switches, multiplexors, cable trays, and alarm and fire-suppression systems
- Builds ironwork and ladder racks
- Establishes follows industry standards, activates remote access tools, and coordinates with contractors
- Verifies service by testing circuits, equipment, and alarms, identifies, corrects, or escalates problems
- Document networks by labeling equipment and cables; recording configuration diagrams and specifications
- Maintains safe work environment by following codes, standards, and legal regulations
- Utilizes customer's ticketing system to track and update all work.
- Basic understanding of VoIP technology
- Adheres to customer's best practices and procedures when installing cabling and equipment
- Installs, troubleshoots, repairs and maintains telecommunications equipment
- Provides reports, completes requests for new service, and determines methodology for installing telephone service
- Interface, assist, and work with all staff assigned to the TPTIT Infrastructure Computing work pillar are delivered on-time, meet all associated metrics, and operate at the highest standards
- Track all projects using MS Project and report project risks and discrepancies to the Project Manager
- Manage the work of all jobs under the Wired Support pillar
- Support the development of monthly reports to the Telephone and Network management chain
Active DOE Q or L
- Two (2) years' experience and an Associate's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, Business, Telecommunications, or other related technical discipline or three (3) years of experience
- Three (3) years of experience in indoor and/or outdoor physical cable (copper and fiber) infrastructure support with increasing responsibilities
- One (1) year of experience deploying VOIP solutions
- Demonstrated communications skills
- BICSI Certified Fiber/Copper Technician
- Fluke Versiv CCTT Certified Fiber cabling test Technician
- Direct work in the DOE at a Lab facility
AT&T will consider for employment qualified applicants in a manner consistent with the requirements of federal, state and local laws. AT&T is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and we are committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. EOE/AA/M/F/D/V
Back to top