Entry-Level Satellite Engineer
- Laconia, NH
Associate-Technical Services-New Hampton, NH
AT&T- is more than entertainment - we are a technology company. Our Northeast Uplink Facility Technical Services Department is seeking an Associate-Technical Services to work at the uplink facility located in New Hampton, NH
Within the first 6 months, you will be working toward mastering the core competencies of our technicians. You will work closely with the Technical Operations Center to identify problems in specific markets/channels and restore the broadcast. Our customer satisfaction relies on keeping programming on-air and this can't be done without you.
Our environment offers the best of both worlds - we are a strong team and rely on each other, but much of the work is performed independently.
- Ensure consistent, high quality digital television signal transports and satellite transmissions.
- Installation, diagnosis and maintenance of critical on-air video, audio, RF, baseband, signal processing, transport and transmission equipment. This responsibility includes DirecTV's Mpeg 2 and Mpeg 4 Broadcast transmissions streams and all associated Local Collection Facilities, Broadcast Centers, Ground station Equipment, and associated Monitor and Control hardware.
- Configure and troubleshoot a variety of television broadcast, transport, and transmission equipment.
- Perform routine maintenance on various subsystems.
- Summarize and Present Technical information in both verbal and written form
- Assist in project research, design, planning, implementation, procedure documentation and training.
- Training and development of new employees
- Develop a base knowledge of site facility systems and assist with emergency building system repairs as needed.
- All candidates must be willing to carry a company provided on-call phone, participate in a cyclic on-call rotation, and must reside less than 45 minute drive time from the main uplink facility.
- The uplink facility is a 24x7 facility and requires the ability to work various shifts, including holidays and overtime as necessary to support the on-air mission.
- Minimal travel via commercial airline required on occasion (<25% travel)
- Associates degree, certificate or equivalent military training in electronics and/or related systems is preferred.
- Solid analytical and problem solving skills, good oral and written communication skills.
- Must have the ability to work in a dynamic, fast paced environment with changing priorities.
- Must have the ability to lift and/or move up to 100 pounds.
- Ability to climb external antenna system ladders and work at heights up to 30 ft.
- Dexterity to work in confined spaces down to 16 cubic ft.
- Ability to work outdoors in inclement weather.
- Associates degree, certificate or equivalent military experience with electronics, communication, television broadcast or Earth Station processes and equipment.
- Demonstrate knowledge in either RF Ground Station Antenna systems or MPEG Video Compression systems.
- Previous experience with VMWare, V-Sphere, v-Center Virtualized environments or willingness to learn.
Back to top