EG- SR Software Engineer II
AT&T Mobility and Entertainment provides world class digital delivery of entertainment and sports content. Our engineers are constantly developing and enhancing our leading edge software solutions, delivering an industry-leading customer experience over satellite, mobile, video on demand, and interactive services. We are constantly looking for ways to reduce roadblocks for our engineers so they can do what they do best: deliver world-class entertainment products.
About the Job
The AT&T Entertainment Systems is looking for a junior level software engineer to join the Entertainment Data Services group. This individual will be part of a team responsible for integrating with our big data system and developing recommendation services to better serve the entertainment experience to our customers. We are looking for individuals from diverse backgrounds who have the necessary software development skill and are looking to grow their career in a fast-past environment.
- Learn and understand overall software platform ecosystem
- Write development tasks to meet the requirements of user story features
- Work closely with senior team members to evaluate design and implementation
- Implement, test, and deploy services with business and operational features
- Evaluate different technologies and provide technical input to the team.
- Doing ad-hoc analysis and presenting results in a clear manner
- 2+ years of experience building production software systems
- Hands on experience with Java/J2EE, Node.js, AWS, Docker and Kubernetes
- Optionally preferred experience in Machine learning projects using Spark ML lib, Python, etc. is a plus
- Optionally preferred experience in Node.js, AWS, Docker and Kubernetes to support micro-services development.
- Optionally Experience with: Large scale distributed computing, Database internals, Big Data engines such as Spark and Hadoop
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills including the ability to effectively communicate technical issues and solutions to all levels of the organization
- Strong analytical, problem solving, and troubleshooting skills
- Excellent multitasking and time management skills with consistent attention to detail
Back to top