The On-Air Promotions (OAP) Video Editor is responsible for assembling raw material into a promotional commercial suitable for broadcasting on AT&T SportsNet. This is a key role in the Creative Services department. Under the direction of OAP management, the On-Air Promotions Video Editor is responsible for all pre-production, post production, and delivery of promotional elements for air. This position requires a full understanding and commitment to developing content that speaks to the network brand, our core audience, and must maintain a high level of technical expertise, organizational skills, attention to detail, and the ability to manage multiple projects. In addition, a positive attitude, a willingness to collaborate, and a passion for professional and collegiate sports is essential.
- Edit promotions for air that effectively convey messaging consistent with the network brand.
- Work closely with the marketing team on the development and execution of various promotional campaigns.
- Incorporate titles and motion graphics using software programs, including Adobe After Effects.
- Responsible for mastering and the delivery of finished products for a variety of media platforms.
- Archive existing projects and organize assets—both video and audio—for use in future projects.
- At the direction of network management, write scripts for daily and weekly show promotions.
- Work closely with voice-over talent to arrange and record promo scripts
- Serve as a backup for the traffic placement of promotional spots and public service announcements within WideOrbit broadcast logs.
- Photograph HD (and other high-resolution formats) footage of live sports events, player/coach interviews as assigned, and maintain a library of media assets for On-Air Promotion campaigns.
- 3 to 5 years of experience working as an editor in a television broadcast environment
- College degree in Broadcasting, Graphic Design, or similar a plus
- Advanced working knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud, with emphasis on Premiere Pro and After Effects software, third party plug-ins and able to work in multiple formats including 4K.
- Experience using WideOrbit or similar Traffic scheduling software is preferred.
- Exhibit a high degree of creativity, with a keen eye for detail.
- Excellent communication, organization skills, and the ability to work both individually as well as in a team environment
- Demonstrate a high level of self-motivation, commitment, and dedication
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced, high inventory culture
- Ability to work within set creative guidelines to maintain brand standards
- Ability to work a varied schedule, including overtime, nights and weekends to support live events as assigned.
Meet Some of AT&T's Employees
Architect, Entertainment Group
As a cloud architect, Aaron builds and designs different cloud environments that enable video processing. His work helps customers get whichever channels they want, on whatever device they require.
Back to top