Deputy, Enterprise Monitoring and Tools (SWE3) (Government)
- Columbia, MD
AT&T Global Public Sector is a trusted provider of secure, IP enabled, cloud-based, network solutions and professional services to the Department of Defense. We are dedicated to recruiting, developing and empowering a diverse, high-performing workforce that is passionate about what they do, committed to our shared values and dedicated to our customers' mission.
RIS I is the delivery of regional IT services to the end user. We offer support of end user devices including desktop, workplace peripherals, and voice and video devices. We support local and campus area networks, including wireless and cable plant.
AT&T has an opening for a Deputy, Enterprise Monitoring and Tools - To support the Enterprise Management and Tools team in architecture, design, implementation, and test roles as required.
Description of Job Duties/Responsibilities:
- Duties include acting as Deputy for the Tools team
- The Tools team is responsible for evaluation and integration of tools to support Service Delivery
- Successful candidate will interact with Service Managers to elicit requirements, synthesize solutions (architecture and design), create plans/schedules, and create artifacts necessary for Service Transition
- The team is also responsible for the Resource Monitoring Service
- Work closely with Service Managers and Operations to collect and analyze requirements
- Meet with tool vendors to understand capabilities, evaluate tools for inclusion in the environment, document evaluation results, and work with Business Management team for purchase approval
- Develop tools architecture and review with the extended team
- Develop software and scripts to integrate tools in order to optimize Enterprise functions
- Support testing activities to verify tool capabilities and test integrated solutions
- Create delivery packages for Service Transition
- Design and implement end-to-end data flows among tools; including hosting, storage, cross-domain data movement, and visualization
- Collaborate with other contract vendors on tools and solutions
- Collaborate with customers to understand program requirements and brief them on status
Must be able to quickly come on board.
Required Qualifications: Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Math; At least 10 years of experience in a technical leadership role (as individual contributor or supervisor); At least 10 years of recent software development experience is required, with experience integrating COTS and GOTS solutions by creating custom "glue" logic, interfacing to systems/tools using APIs, and passing data among system components.
- Experience in at least one of these languages is required: C, C++, or JAVA
- Experience scripting in several scripting languages is required (e.g. python, perl, Unix shell, PHP, Tcl)
- Candidate must have experience applying disciplined development methodologies/frameworks, such as waterfall and agile, with experience using best practices to execute along the full software development lifecycle
- Candidate should have either direct experience providing Operational support or experience collaborating closely with an Operations organization (e.g. providing Tier II or Tier III support)
- Excellent oral, written, and presentation skills are required
- Candidate must be experienced instantiating solutions by specifying compute and storage solutions, networking hardware and applications, collecting metrics, and ensuring system security
- Candidate must be a self-starter who can establish direction, nail down ambiguous requirements, and excel in a dynamic environment
- Experience with networking (CISCO or Brocade switches), web development, cross-domain solutions, IT, and database are all desired
- Candidate should understand the OSI Reference Model and have experience developing solutions around various protocols used in communications/data networks
- Experience with proposals, financials, and planning is desired
AT&T will consider for employment qualified applicants in a manner consistent with the requirements of federal, state and local laws. AT&T is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and we are committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. EOE/AA/M/F/D/V
Back to top