Database / Web Application Software Developer (Government)
- Norfolk, VA
AT&T Global Public Sector is a trusted provider of secure, IP enabled, cloud-based, network solutions and professional services to the Department of Defense. We are dedicated to recruiting, developing and empowering a diverse, high-performing workforce that is passionate about what they do, committed to our shared values and dedicated to our customers' mission.
Our Defense Team supports our Nation's warfighters, providing, operating and assuring Electronic Warfare Data (EWD) production within Depart of Defense operations.
AT&T has an opening for a Database / Web Application Software Developer to support U.S. Naval Command by providing EW system data analysis, training for data management, database design and development, data standardization and maintenance, website/application design and development in support of the a DoD Training Tool.
- Under direct supervision, this developer will receive prioritized requirements from the Navy Continuous Training Environment (NCTE) Command Software Development Lead, work with end users to achieve robust, maintainable and effective simulation and C4I interfaces, and support the continuous improvement of the software infrastructure.
- The developer will be required to work with a team of developers and subject matter experts to develop, enhance, integrate, and support JBUS.
- Assists in the writing and/or presentation of briefings (reports on analyses, findings, and project progress), project or task plans, system specification manuals, technical reports and user manuals.
- Participates in the preparation of technical proposals.
- Performs additional duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Secret Clearance (#secret)
- Experience with and understanding of object oriented (OO) design and development
- Willingness to use an IDE for development
- Ability to obtain related technical certifications
- Strong written and oral communication skills and ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to provide on-site support.
- Experience with Java development
- Experience with Java debugging tools
- Experience with JUnit unit testing framework
- Familiarity and willingness to work in an Agile Development environment
- Experience with development in a Linux/Unix environment
- Contractors must hold the appropriate certification per Defense Federal Acquisition Regulation Supplement (DFARS) 48 Code of Federal Regulations (CFR) Parts 239 and 252 Record Identification Number (RIN) 0750-AF52 DFARS: Information Assurance Contractor Training and Certification (DFARS Case 2006-D023).
- Security+ Certification is required on day one.
- Have or able to obtain Linux Certification
- Experience with Apache ActiveMQ
- Knowledge of Gradle or Maven build systems
- Experience with continuous integration and analysis tools such as Jenkins and SonarQube
- Experience with Eclipse, Intelllij, or other Java-related IDE
- Experience using Software Configuration Management Tools such as SVN or GIT
- Shell Scripting or knowledge of other Scripting language
- C/C++ development experience
- Experience in Modeling and Simulation (M&S) design
- Knowledge of HLA and DIS protocols
- Experience with C4I Systems
- System interface development experience
- Military domain experience
Back to top