Database Administrator, Mid (Government)
- Columbia, MD
AT&T Global Public Sector is a trusted provider of secure, IP enabled, cloud-based, network solutions and professional services to the Federal Government. We are dedicated to recruiting, developing and empowering a diverse, high-performing workforce that is passionate about what they do, committed to our shared values and dedicated to our customers' mission.
The team operates and maintains the Federal Network Protection System (FNPS) for the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) in order to protect Federal Executive Branch Civilian Departments and Agencies from cybersecurity threats.
AT&T has an opening for an Database Administrator to support the DHS, in providing Federal Network Protection System (FNPS) Service Delivery. We are looking for individuals who excel in fast paced environments and seek out learning new technologies. Successful candidates will have an active TS/SCI clearance, past DHS experience.
- Install and maintain the performance of database servers.
- Develop processes for optimizing database security.
- Set and maintain database standards.
- Manage database access.
- Performance tuning of database systems.
- Install, upgrade, and manage database applications.
- Diagnose and troubleshoot database errors.
- Recommend and implement emerging database technologies.
- Create and manage database reports, visualizations, and dashboards.
- Create automation for repeating database tasks.
DHS TS/SCI (#topsecret)
- Bachelor's degree and 8 years as a Database Administrator
- Strong command of SQL and SQL server tools
- Advanced knowledge of database security, backup and recovery, and performance monitoring standards
- Understanding of relational and dimensional data modeling
- PowerShell and Unix shell scripting skills
- Familiarity with SSAS, SSIS, SSRS
- Strong mathematical and statistical knowledge
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Impeccable attention to detail
- MCSE/MCSA certifications preferred
- Experience with Linux and Windows Server environments
- MS in a related field a plus or equivalent experience
- 10+ years' experience
- DHS past experience
- Extensive experience with database technologies (MySQL, MS SQL, PostgreSQL Oracle, MongoDB)
- Experience with cloud services (AWS, Microsoft Azure)
AT&T is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and we are committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. EOE/AA/M/F/D/V
Back to top