Data Analyst / Systems Engineer (Government)
- Columbia, MD
AT&T Global Public Sector is a trusted provider of secure, IP enabled, cloud-based, network solutions and professional services to the Department of Defense. We are dedicated to recruiting, developing and empowering a diverse, high-performing workforce that is passionate about what they do, committed to our shared values and dedicated to our customers' mission.
RIS I is the delivery of regional IT services to the end user. We offer support of end user devices including desktop, workplace peripherals, and voice and video devices. We support local and campus area networks, including wireless and cable plant.
AT&T has an opening for a Data Analyst to configure and apply tools that measure and generate IT performance data, and to capture, process and organize the data to uncover actionable insights.
- Integrate, configure, apply and troubleshoot methods and software that mine and analyze data
- Configure and use data analytic methods, software and tools such as Splunk, ServiceNow, Solarwinds to capture, process, organize and analyze data
- Organize data into views, visualizations and formats consumed by Service Operations and/or Service Engineering teams to understand health and status of IT services and to develop ideas on how to improve services
- Perform root cause analysis and performance trending to develop process changes and to assess the effectiveness of current IT service delivery processes
- Offer recommendations based on data analytics to improve efficiency, reduce costs, increase customer satisfaction, and to get Services to meet or exceed SLAs
- Prepare communications, study results, briefings to peer Service Delivery teams on data analysis results and recommendations
- Work with vendors to understand functional and security capabilities of vendor products and solutions intended to collect or analyze data
- Evaluate vendor products and solutions for use by the Continual Services Improvement (CSI) team, and make recommendations based on that evaluation
Required Qualifications: BS and MS in an engineering discipline (Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or similar); 14+ years' experience in a technical or engineering role that includes designing, implementing, working on IT solutions; familiarity with information systems security principles and practice; hands-on experience with Quality Assurance and service delivery tools and platforms such as Splunk or ServiceNow; Good working knowledge of network architecture and operational support systems.
Desired Qualifications: 8570 Certification
AT&T will consider for employment qualified applicants in a manner consistent with the requirements of federal, state and local laws. AT&T is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and we are committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. EOE/AA/M/F/D/V
Back to top