Cybersecurity Development Engineer (Government)
- Columbia, MD
At AT&T we envision and create cutting edge technologies that will revolutionize how networks and new services are architected, developed, and managed. Our architects and engineers have a unique combination of access to real-world networks, systems, and services; the ability to work with collaborators across the industry; and the opportunity to create the next-generation network that will impact hundreds of millions of consumers and some of the largest corporations in the world.
AT&T is embarking on a transformative initiative towards intelligent services by leveraging cloud technologies and Software Defined Networking (SDN). This modern architecture will simplify and scale the AT&T network to help support the continued growth of Internet traffic; enable rapid deployment of advanced cutting-edge features and services; and provide industry leading security, performance, and reliability. This transformation opens up exciting opportunities to design, build, and manage at-scale the next-generation network and systems.
AT&T is seeking a Cybersecurity Development Engineer to join our Public Sector Team to execute on this transformation for our US Government customers. Consisting of over 4,000 dedicated personnel, AT&T Business - Public Sector is responsible for over $98 billion in U.S. Government network infrastructure that delivers the world's most sophisticated communications network. We work every day to ensure secure and reliable telecommunications— and we want you on our team so that never changes.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
As a Cybersecurity Development Engineer you will work within a technical team to discover security threats and to prototype vulnerabilities and defenses for next-generation mobile networks and communications networks involving cloud, Network Functions Virtualization (NFV), and Software Defined Networking (SDN). This position includes interaction with cross-functional peers in AT&T, vendors, and clients.
Required Skills, Experience, and Education:
- Requires at least 8 years with BS/BA or 6 years with MS/MA or 3 years with PhD in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or a similar field from an accredited university
- Be able to perform development in one or more of the following key areas:
- Network functions virtualization
- Software-defined networks
- Computer Network Operations (CNO)
- Systems reverse engineering and exploitation
- Network protocol analysis and reverse engineering
- Experience in the research, development, build, and demonstration of proof-of-concept systems and/or trials
- Software development experience using Python or Java is desired, with preference for candidates with additional language skills such as C, C++, and Assembly
- Experience working and developing in a Linux environment
- Desire to learn and to solve challenging problems
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills
- Preference will be given to candidates with one or more of the following:
- Experience as principal investigator or key personnel on development programs for DoD and IC customers
- Familiarity with existing tools for configuration management, continuous integration, resource management, and large-scale software infrastructure, such as: Git/Gitlab and Docker
Must have a TS/SCI and willing to obtain full-scope (e.g. with polygraph) (#topsecret)
AT&T will consider for employment qualified applicants in a manner consistent with the requirements of federal, state and local laws. AT&T is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and we are committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. EOE/AA/M/F/D/V
Back to top