Cyber Security Analyst (Government)
AT&T Cyber Security Analyst is a member of the Computer Network Defense (CND) Team (DISA GSM-O program) that leads/supports CND Activities within DISA Global.
Cyber Security Analyst is responsible for maintaining the integrity and security of enterprise-wide cyber systems and networks.
Roles and responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Support cyber security initiatives through both predictive and reactive analysis, articulating emerging trends to leadership and staff.
- Coordinates resources during enterprise incident response efforts, driving incidents to timely and complete resolution.
- Performs network traffic analysis utilizing raw packet data, net flow, IDS, and custom sensor output as it pertains to the cyber security of communications networks.
- Review threat data from various sources and develops custom signatures for Open Source IDS or other custom detection capabilities.
- Correlates actionable security events from various sources including Security Information Management System (SIMS) data and develops unique correlation techniques.
- Utilize understanding of attack signatures, tactics, techniques and procedures associated with advanced threats
- Develop analytical products fusing enterprise and all- source intelligence.
- Conduct malware analysis of attacker tools providing indicators for enterprise defensive measures, and reverse engineer attacker encoding protocols.
- Interface with external entities including law enforcement organizations, intelligence community organizations and other government agencies such as the Department of Defense.
5 years of professional experience and a Bachelor’s degrees from an accredited college in a related discipline, or equivalent experience/combined education
or 3 years of professional experience with a related Master’s degree.
Providing support to CND or related teams.
Strong experience working CND duties
Skilled working with DoD / Government Leaders at all levels.
Strong communication skills (both written and verbal).
In-depth understanding of TCP/IP protocols, ports, and services
Ability to leverage skills and experience in providing the necessary support in the following areas:
- CND reports, trends, responses, mitigations, analysis, and information dissemination.
- C2 support, situational awareness support, and provide leadership & support for all CND applicable activities.
- Supporting teams within a performance-based environment with pre-determined Acceptable Levels of Performance (ALP’s).
- Supporting the development, documentation and tracking of measurements & metrics relevant to the ALP’s.
- Interface with Government counterparts, both CONUS & OCONUS, along with contract team members.
- Maintaining the integrity & security of enterprise-wide systems & networks.
- Supporting security initiatives through predictive & reactive analysis, and by articulating emerging trends to leadership & staff.
Active CompTIA Security+ with Continuing Education (CE) certification
At least one other IA certification completed, i.e., SSCP, CSIH, GCIA, GCIH or CEH or the ability to secure certification within set timeframe of employment
Active op Secret or above
UNIX Administrative skills.
Command Line Scripting skills (PERL, python, shell scripting) to automate analysis task.
Knowledge of hacker tactics, techniques, and procedures (TTP)
Able to conduct malware analysis.
Demonstrated hands on experience with various static and dynamic malware analysis tools
Knowledge of advanced threat actor tactics, techniques and procedures (TTP) Understanding of software exploits.
Ability to analyze packed and obfuscated code.
Comprehensive understanding of common Windows APIs and ability to analyze shellcode.
AT&T is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and we are committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. EOE/AA/M/F/D/V
Requisition ID 1701567
Meet Some of AT&T's Employees
Nancy increases the capabilities of AT&T products by expanding access, tracking, and applications, and designs purposeful and user-friendly devices that can improve people’s lives.
Back to top