Cyber Security Analyst (Government)
A member of the Computer Network Defense (CND) Team (DISA GSM-O program) that leads/supports CND Activities within DISA Global.
- Responsible for maintaining the integrity and security of enterprise-wide cyber systems and networks.
- Supports cyber security initiatives through both predictive and reactive analysis, articulating emerging trends to leadership and staff.
- Coordinates resources during enterprise incident response efforts, driving incidents to timely and complete resolution.
- Performs network traffic analysis utilizing raw packet data, net flow, IDS, and custom sensor output as it pertains to the cyber security of communications networks.
- Reviews threat data from various sources and develops custom signatures for Open Source IDS or other custom detection capabilities.
- Correlates actionable security events from various sources including Security Information Management System (SIMS) data and develops unique correlation techniques.
- Utilizes understanding of attack signatures, tactics, techniques and procedures associated with advanced threats.
- Develops analytical products fusing enterprise and all- source intelligence.
- Be able to conduct malware analysis of attacker tools providing indicators for enterprise defensive measures, and reverse engineer attacker encoding protocols.
- Interfaces with external entities including law enforcement organizations, intelligence community organizations and other government agencies such as the Department of Defense.
- Provide CND reports, trends, responses, mitigations, analysis, and information dissemination.
- Provide C2 support, situational awareness support, and provide leadership & support for all CND applicable activities.
- Support teams within a performance-based environment with pre-determined Acceptable Levels of Performance (ALP’s).
- Support the development, documentation and tracking of measurements & metrics relevant to the ALP’s.
- Interface with Government counterparts, both CONUS & OCONUS, along with contract team members.
- Maintain the integrity & security of enterprise-wide systems & networks.
- Support security initiatives through predictive & reactive analysis, and by articulating emerging trends to leadership & staff.
- Possess a CompTIA Security+ with Continuing Education (CE) certification.
- Experience supporting CND or related teams.
- Experience working CND duties
- Experience working with DoD / Government Leaders at all levels.
- Strong communication skills (both written and verbal).
- In-depth understanding of TCP/IP protocols, ports, and services.
- At least one other IA certification completed, i.e., SSCP, CSIH, GCIA, GCIH or CEH.
- UNIX Administrative skills.
- Command Line Scripting skills (PERL, python, shell scripting) to automate analysis task.
- Knowledge of hacker tactics, techniques, and procedures (TTP).
- Be able to conduct malware analysis.
- Demonstrated hands on experience with various static and dynamic malware analysis tools
- Knowledge of advanced threat actor tactics, techniques and procedures (TTP)
- Understanding of software exploits.
- Ability to analyze packed and obfuscated code.
- Comprehensive understanding of common Windows APIs and ability to analyze shellcode.
Bachelor’s degrees from an accredited college in a related discipline, or equivalent experience/combined education, with 5 years of professional experience; or 3 years of professional experience with a related Master’s degree.
Required Clearance: Top Secret or above.
AT&T is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and we are committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. EOE/AA/M/F/D/V
Requisition ID 1701544
Meet Some of AT&T's Employees
Nancy increases the capabilities of AT&T products by expanding access, tracking, and applications, and designs purposeful and user-friendly devices that can improve people’s lives.
Back to top