Cyber Defense Engineer- O&M Specialist (Government)
We are currently looking to hire an Operations and Maintenance Cyber Specialist supporting a high profile customer in McLean, VA!
You will be operating and maintaining and providing Tier 1 support to our nations Cyber Defenses in a fast-paced and continuously evolving environment. What will You Do?
You are the first line responder of the Cyber Defense Infrastructure.
Every day will be a new challenge to resolve and a new way to respond that will ensure no day is the same.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Support for systems and applications that are inherited from engineering after a system is put into production or
- Deployment/installation of sensors and agents on new interfaces/segments
- Tier 1& 2 problem resolution of IDS/IPS/CSOC systems
- Perform and validate system backups of IDS/IPS/CSOC systems
- Maintain sensor performance levels
- Maintain analyst console availability and support for all baselined applications and configurations.
- Ensure integrity of data held in IDS/IPS/CSOC back-end systems
- Manage accesses to IDS/IPS/CSOC back-end systems.
- Provide on call support after business hours and on weekends. Typical volume of support is 2-3 calls per week with the majority of calls not requiring a site visit.
- Ensure all IDS/IPS/CSOC capabilities are kept current, patched, and securely configured and management informed of status on a daily basis.
- Perform O&M on IDS/IPS/CSOC projects and/or systems as needed.
- Maintain system baselines and configuration management items, including security event monitoring "policies" in a manner determined and agreed to by the COTR and customer management. Ensure changes are made using an approval process agreed to in advance.
- Prepare briefing status reports and attend Review Boards as required.
- A bachelor's degree in computer engineering, computer science, or other closely related IT discipline.
- Minimum of two years of experience in network engineering, system administration with emphasis in implementation,
- operations and maintenance of Windows Server, Applications and Database servers, workstation environments with some
- Linux experience, and end user support skills.
- Familiarity with network security applications, protocols and associated hardware.
- Good interpersonal, organizational, writing, communications, and briefing skills.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
Required Clearance: : U.S. Citizenship and an active TS/SCI clearance based upon a SSBI completed within the last 5 years and additional high level Polygraph.
Desired: Requires Bachelors degree or equivalent and seven to nine years of related experience. Minimum of three years
experience in technology/tools specific to the target platforms
AT&T is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and we are committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. EOE/AA/M/F/D/V
Meet Some of AT&T's Employees
Architect, Entertainment Group
As a cloud architect, Aaron builds and designs different cloud environments that enable video processing. His work helps customers get whichever channels they want, on whatever device they require.
Back to top