Cyber Defense Engineer - Infrastructure (Government)
We are currently looking to hire a Cyber Defense Engineer - Infrastructure supporting a high profile customer in Herndon, VA!
You will be designing, building and operating the next generation of Cyber Defenses in a fast-paced and continuously evolving environment.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Design, build, then operate a secure Network Enclave based on VMware NSX and other equipment configuration prototypes, including network hardware and software.
- Develop conceptual, logical, or physical network designs.
- Develop procedures to track, project, or report network availability, reliability, capacity, or utilization.
- Use tools such as Splunk to Monitor and analyze network performance and data input/output reports to detect problems, identify inefficient use of computer resources, or perform capacity planning.
- Prepare project schedules.
- Prepare detailed network specifications, including diagrams, charts, equipment configurations, and recommended technologies.
- Research and test new or modified hardware or software products to determine performance and interoperability
- bachelor's degree in systems engineering, computer engineering, computer science, or other closely related discipline.
- 5- 7 years of knowledge and hands-on experience in systems engineering to include network infrastructure design, storage, backup, platforms, middleware, application, monitoring, and security, with an emphasis in engineering design, configuration, implementation, operations and maintenance of a variety of security technologies.
- 8570-compliant IAT Level I certification, such as Security + CE. Experience with one or more of the following:
- Web and email security applications / appliances.
- Demonstrated 5 years knowledge and hands-on experience with network security applications, protocols and associated hardware.
- Demonstrated 5 years knowledge and hands-on experience working with SIEM applications such as, Arcsight, QRadar or Nitro.
- Spunk with hands-on with content creation
- Threat Intelligence and visualization technologies
Required Clearance: TS/SCI with polygraph
Desired Qualifications: Demonstrated knowledge and hands on experience working with different security technologies for network defense, web and email defense, endpoint defenses, and SIEM (ArcSight)
AT&T is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and we are committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. EOE/AA/M/F/D/V
Meet Some of AT&T's Employees
Architect, Entertainment Group
As a cloud architect, Aaron builds and designs different cloud environments that enable video processing. His work helps customers get whichever channels they want, on whatever device they require.
Back to top