C&T Tier III Engineers (Westfields)
Job Description: The Command &Telemetry (C&T) Network Engineer is a technical role which includes solution and design engineering functions for government passive and active network infrastructures. The candidate will responsible for C&T Network Engineering and supporting other engineering teams for all network design and engineering activities. These engineering activities will be conducted on the government's wide area networks (WAN), the local area networks (LAN), Campus Area Networks (CAN), Access and Control Interfaces (CI), Command and Telemetry and other networks that support multiple classification levels of communications.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Translate customer requirements/architectures/needs into solutions followed by high-level/low-level design according to portfolio offering guidelines.
• Regularly supports the technical assessment and delivery of a specific technical network solution to the customer. Provides a key support role in operating as a conducive high performance team across all lifecycle stages.
• Performs/Conducts the transition/transformation from existing to new network design solutions
* Provides technical direction and engineering expertise for network systems infrastructure activities, including planning, designing, and implementing communications and network infrastructure requirements for buildings and systems (Routers, Firewalls, DNS, IPAM, NTP, Command and Telemetry).
• Provides technical consulting and advice to others on efforts, solution design, system management, tuning and modification of solutions. Provides input to strategy moving forward.
• Collects and determines data from appropriate sources to assist in determining customer needs and requirements. Responds to requests for technical information from customers. Develops customer technology solutions using various industry products and technologies.
• Supports knowledge sharing within a community (e.g. team, practice, or project). Support knowledge sharing and re-use requirements of project. Contributes knowledge to job family community.
Required Skills, Experience, and Education : Candidate must have 16 years of experience that can be a combination of work history and education. This equates to a Doctorate and 8 years of experience OR Masters and 10 years, Bachelors and 12 years, Associates and 14 years or HS and 16 years.
Required Clearance: Active TS/SCI, with CI Poly or able to obtain CI Poly. Or Active TS upgradable to TS/SCI.
Desired: 8570 Certification
Back to top