COMSEC Manager (Westfields)
Job Description: responsible for the design, development, implementation, and/or integration of the NRO IA architecture, system or system component. They ensure that IA related IS will be functional and secure. They provide Information Technology security engineering, integration services, technical assessments, and solutions. This includes analyzing the IA/Information Systems environment helping customers understand information security needs, defining system security requirements, designing system security architectures, developing and implementing detailed security designs and measures to safeguard information, and assessing information protection effectiveness.
- Identifies information protection needs for the NRO Information Systems (IS).
- Defines NRO IS security requirements in accordance with applicable IA requirements.
- Provides system related input on IA security requirements to be included in statements of work and other appropriate procurement documents.
- Designs security architectures for use within the NROIS.
- Designs and develops IA or IA-enabled products for use within a NRO IS.
- Integrates and/or implements Cross Domain Solutions (CDS) for use within a NRO IS.
- Develops and implements security designs for new or existing network system(s); ensures that the design of hardware, operating systems, and software applications adequately address IA security requirements for the NRO IS.
- Designs, develops, and implements network security measures that provide confidentiality, integrity, availability, authentication, and non-repudiation.
- Designs, develops, and implements specific IA countermeasures for the NRO IS.
- Develops interface specifications for the NRO IS.
- Develops approaches to mitigate NRO IS vulnerabilities and recommend changes to system or system components as needed.
- Ensures system(s) designs support incorporation of DoD, IC, and NRO-directed IA vulnerability solutions, such as Information Assurance Vulnerability Alerts (IAVAs)/Intelligence Community Vulnerability Alerts (ICVAs).
- Develops IA architectures and designs for designs for National Security Systems with security categorizations of confidentiality, low to moderate; integrity, low to moderate; and availability, low to moderate.
- Develops IA architectures and designs for systems processing Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI) operating in dedicated, system high or compartmented mode.
- Assesses threats to and vulnerabilities of the NRO IS.
- Identifies, assesses, and recommends IA or IA-enabled products used within NRO IS; ensures products are in compliance with NRO evaluation and validation requirements.
Required Skills, Experience, and Education : Candidate must have 10 years of experience that can be a combination of work history and education. This equates to a Doctorate and 3 years of experience OR Masters and 4 years, Bachelors and 6 years, Associates and 8 years or HS and 10 years. Must have CASP or CISSP Certification within 6 months.
Required Clearance: Active TS/SCI, with CI Poly or able to obtain CI Poly. Or Active TS upgradable to TS/SCI.
Back to top