Communications Analyst (Government)
- Provides technical direction and analysis for telecommunication activities, including planning, designing, integrating, installing and maintaining large-scale telecommunications/communications networks and services with computer systems.
- Includes satellite, microwave, broadband, fiber optic, wireless, voice, video, and digital telecommunication systems.
- Integrates communications with computer systems to provide complete systems solutions. Applies telecommunications/communications engineering principles and theory to propose design and configuration alternatives.
- Evaluates existing communications systems to identify deficiencies and network performance issues.
- Consults with users, managers, and senior staff to ensure that deficiencies and alternatives have been fully identified and that the solution will meet requirements.
- Analyzes network performance, usage and traffic flows, accesses and interfaces, transmission techniques, and protocols to interface with computer systems.
- Prepares studies and give presentations concerning data communications concepts integrated with computer systems and applications for total systems solutions.
- Provides integrated support with computer systems and applications for total systems solutions.
- Provides technical guidance to computer systems analysts and telecommunications/communications specialists.
SECRET clearance or ability to obtain SECRET clearance required. US citizenship is also required due to the sensitive nature of this Department of Defense contract.
Educational Requirements: Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university with a curriculum or major field of study which provides substantial knowledge useful in administering large, complex networks, and/or in a computer science, Information Systems, a physical science, engineering, or a mathematics-intensive discipline or an applicable training certificate from an accredited training institution.
Experience Requirements: Have seven years of progressive and intensive experience in telecommunications/communications and computer integration with three years of experience involving duties similar to those described in the task order requirement, or five years of specialized experience in a position with duties commensurate to those defined in the task order requirement.
These positions are available in Monterey California (Naval Postgraduate School IT contract support).
AT&T is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and we are committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. EOE/AA/M/F/D/V
Meet Some of AT&T's Employees
Architect, Entertainment Group
As a cloud architect, Aaron builds and designs different cloud environments that enable video processing. His work helps customers get whichever channels they want, on whatever device they require.
Back to top