Communication Network Engineer Senior NOC(Government)
- Perform as lead technical engineer taking point on network troubleshooting calls while providing rapid recovery of network outages throughout the enterprise. Execute SME related and high visibility maintenance.
- Develop workarounds to reduce or eliminate the impact of a problem or an incident for which a full resolution is not yet available.
- Participate in projects which require solution workarounds or design changes. Provide technical mentoring to NOC Shift resources through the creation, improvement and proctoring of training and engineering labs.
- Provide direct one-on-one coaching and mentoring as required.
- Provide technical evaluation of NOC team members as required.
- Act as a staffing reserve back-filling the shift as required.
- The candidate is expected to participate in an after hours on-call rotation.
- These responsibilities in addition to other duties may be assigned as necessary by the NOC Manager.
Minimum of 7 years related experience in network design, operational support, hands-on implementing and configuration of network devices such as servers, routers, switches, NICs, VPNs, firewalls, WAN Accelerators, IDS/IPS, associated software tools, desktop computers, and cabling in a large LAN/MAN/BAN/WAN environment.
- Knowledge of TCP/IP protocols, GigE, OSPF, BGP, and EIGRP is necessary. Previous experience working on military bases/sites, including previous military service highly desirable.
- Strong communications, writing and editing skills needed to transfer information to individuals involved in the networking process.
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to work in an organized fashion with focus on documented activity. Flexibility to occasionally work an unusual schedule at times.
- Positive attitude and high initiative
The ideal candidate will have a passion for excellence and continual improvement, combined with an entrepreneurial spirit, strong interpersonal skills, and innovative thinking in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment. Strong customer service and communication is necessary to ensure customer satisfaction and network reliability.
- Strong problem-solving and troubleshooting skills in severs and Cisco devices is required.
- Position requires a high level of project coordination skills to manage the execution of maintenance activities.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Bachelor in Science with an emphasis in Computer Science or a related technology field is highly desirable.
- Other evidence of intellectual, technical, business accomplishments, and related technology leadership experiences will be considered.
- Security+ & CCNA required.
Must be a US Citizen and possess Secret Clearance
AT&T is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and we are committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. EOE/AA/M/F/D/V
Meet Some of AT&T's Employees
Architect, Entertainment Group
As a cloud architect, Aaron builds and designs different cloud environments that enable video processing. His work helps customers get whichever channels they want, on whatever device they require.
Back to top