Communication Network Engineer Senior NOC (Government)
- Kapolei, HI
AT&T Global Public Sector is a trusted provider of secure, IP enabled, cloud-based, network solutions and professional services to the Department of Defense. We are dedicated to recruiting, developing and empowering a diverse, high-performing workforce that is passionate about what they do, committed to our shared values and dedicated to our customers' mission.
The AT&T NGEN Team assists the United States Navy in their goal of providing reliable and secure information services to their shore-based networks. AT&T has an opening for Communication Network Engineer, Senior to support the NGEN Team, in providing IT Services.
This position's primary role will be an NGEN Water Front/Premier Support Senior-Level Network Technician servicing a large scale Enterprise network. You will be part of a Team of Network Technicians and Engineers focused on the technology refresh of a large scale Enterprise Network. This network includes Cisco, Aruba, Brocade, Juniper, Riverbed and McAfee network devices to include Routers, Switches, Access Points, Intrusion Prevention Systems (IPS), Virtual Private Networks (VPN) and WAN Accelerators. As a Senior-Level Technician you will be expected to work independently with and advise the on-site customers, NOC technicians and Managers to execute Network Device replacements within a region. You will be responsible for the entire process including ticket creation using HPE Service Manager, executing the network device replacement and asset management of the new and old network devices. Candidates will be expected to understand, implement, and follow processes in accordance with current policies and procedures. You may also be asked to perform additional field services tasks as directed.
- Ten-plus (10+) years of experience in telecommunications and/or data communications
- Evaluates communication hardware and software, troubleshoots LAN/MAN/WAN and other network related problems, and provides technical expertise for performance and configuration of networks
- Performs general LAN/BAN/WAN administration, provides technical leadership in the integration and test of complex large-scale computer integrated networks
- Schedules conversions and cutovers
- Supervises staff and maintenance of systems
- Coordinates with all responsible users and sites
- Able to exercise great initiative independent judgment
- Solid problem-solving and business acumen skills
- Ability to speak, write and read the English language
- Willingness to work additional hours in order to meet tight deadlines
- Familiarity with the US Navy and Marine Corps IT environment is desired
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology or related field of study
- Seccurity+ ce and (CCNA routing and switching or CCNP)
AT&T will consider for employment qualified applicants in a manner consistent with the requirements of federal, state and local laws. AT&T is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and we are committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. EOE/AA/M/F/D/V
Back to top