Communication Network Engineer Senior NOC (Government)
Perform as lead technical engineer taking point on network troubleshooting calls while providing rapid recovery of network outages throughout the enterprise. Execute SME related and high visibility maintenance.
- Develop workarounds to reduce or eliminate the impact of a problem or an incident for which a full resolution is not yet available.
- Participate in projects which require solution workarounds or design changes. Provide technical mentoring to NOC Shift resources through the creation, improvement and proctoring of training and engineering labs.
- Provide direct one-on-one coaching and mentoring as required.
- Provide technical evaluation of NOC team members as required.
- Act as a staffing reserve back-filling the shift as required.
- The candidate is expected to participate in an after hours on-call rotation.
- These responsibilities in addition to other duties may be assigned as necessary by the NOC Manager
Minimum of 7 years related experience in network design, operational support, hands-on implementing and configuration of network devices such as servers, routers, switches, NICs, VPNs, firewalls, WAN Accelerators, IDS/IPS, associated software tools, desktop computers, and cabling in a large LAN/MAN/BAN/WAN environment.
- Knowledge of TCP/IP protocols, GigE, OSPF, BGP, and EIGRP is necessary. Previous experience working on military
bases/sites, including previous military service highly desirable.
- Strong communications, writing and editing skills needed to transfer information to individuals involved in the networking
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to work in an organized fashion with focus on documented activity. Flexibility to occasionally work an unusual schedule at times.
- Positive attitude and high initiative
- The ideal candidate will have a passion for excellence and continual improvement, combined with an entrepreneurialspirit, strong interpersonal skills, and innovative thinking in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment. Strong customerservice and communication is necessary to ensure customer satisfaction and network reliability.
- Strong problem-solving and troubleshooting skills in severs and Cisco devices is required.
- Position requires a high level of project coordination skills to manage the execution of maintenance activities. Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Bachelor in Science with an emphasis in Computer Science or a related technology field is highly desirable.
- Other evidence of intellectual, technical, business accomplishments, and related technology leadership experiences will be considered. Security+ & CCNA required.
- Must be a US Citizen and possess Secret Clearance
AT&T is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and we are committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. EOE/AA/M/F/D/V
Meet Some of AT&T's Employees
Architect, Entertainment Group
As a cloud architect, Aaron builds and designs different cloud environments that enable video processing. His work helps customers get whichever channels they want, on whatever device they require.
Back to top