Cloud Virtualization Engineer (Government)
- Columbia, MD
AT&T Global Public Sector is a trusted provider of secure, IP enabled, cloud-based, network solutions and professional services to the Intelligence Community (IC). We are dedicated to recruiting, developing and empowering a diverse, high-performing workforce that is passionate about what they do, committed to our shared values and dedicated to our customers' mission
Intelink Services provide interagency information sharing, content discovery, and collaboration capabilities on the IC system domains to the IC and its partners in Defense, Homeland Security, Foreign Affairs, and Law Enforcement.
AT&T has an opening for a Cloud Virtualization Engineer to support the Dev Ops team in providing support to the IC community on three network fabrics.
- Provision resources in management and services VPCs that include but not limited to: creating AMIs, instances (services, elastic nodes, and security groups), EBS volumes and snapshots, and install enabling services applications and software.
- Enable Cloud Management services specifically: CloudWatch, CloudFormation, CloudTrail, Simple Notification Service, Simple Queue Service, and Config.
- Provide on-going evolution of Cloud services by keeping abreast of technical capabilities newly offered in the classified and unclassified workspaces and how they might be applied to Intelink.
- Experience with automating and scripting repeatable processes for deploying cloud resources.
- Experience with tools like Ansible, Puppet or similar products.
- Create VPCs, as needed, consistent with our development and operational capabilities: production, management, staging, development, testing, and IC Login.
- Knowledge and familiarity with these items: create infrastructure for VPCs (or work with networking team to achieve) that include: subnets, route tables, gateways (Internet & NAT), endpoints, peering points, and any other associated network activities; assist with network ACLs and security groups; and establish VPNs for customer gateways, private gateways, and site-to-site VPNs
- May be required to respond to after-hours requests as required in a 24 x 7 environment.
- DoD 8570 Compliance with IAT level 1 is required., or must be obtained within 6 months of employment.
TS/SCI with Poly (#polygraph)
- Fifteen (15) years' experience in programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity within the Federal Government is required.
- Bachelor's degree in a technical discipline from an accredited college or university is required.
- Five (5) years of additional system administration experience may be substituted for a bachelor's degree.
Back to top