Cloud Network Engineer (Government)
AT&T is embarking on a transformative initiative towards intelligent services by leveraging cloud technologies and Software Defined Networking (SDN). This modern architecture will simplify and scale the AT&T network to help support the continued growth of Internet traffic; enable rapid deployment of advanced cutting-edge features and services; and provide industry leading security, performance, and reliability. This transformation opens up exciting opportunities to design, build, and manage at-scale the next-generation network and systems.
AT&T is seeking a Cloud Network Engineer to join our Global Public Sector Team to execute on this transformation for our US Government customers. Consisting of over 4,000 dedicated personnel, AT&T Global Public Sector is responsible for over $98 billion in U.S. Government network infrastructure that delivers the world's most sophisticated communications network. We work every day to ensure secure and reliable telecommunications— and we want you on our team so that never changes.
As a Cloud Network Engineer, you will consider business interests and strategies for cloud computing for AT&T. Working as part of a technical team, specific responsibilities are to foster a thorough understanding of cloud-based networks; develop and validate design options and architectures; build, deploy, and operate cloud-based networks; and document, explain, and demonstrate solutions to clients and business stakeholders. The job requires interaction with cross-functional peers in AT&T and vendors to develop product roadmaps, establish priorities, create schedules, provide status, and resolve issues.
- Candidates must have a Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or a similar field from an accredited university. Master's or PhD degree in the above subjects is preferred.
- Demonstrated networking knowledge includes TCP, UDP, IP, SSH, VLAN, VRF, DNS, and HTTP.
- Proficient with Linux, especially Ubuntu, Red Hat, and CentOS.
- Experience with virtualization, especially with Ubuntu KVM and/or containers.
- Candidates must have experience in one or more of the following areas
- Experience with automated Linux deployments such as Kickstart and Cobbler.
- Designed, deployed, and/or operated one or more of the following systems:
- OpenStack services to include OpenStack projects (Nova, Neutron, Keystone, Glance, etc.) and support components (databases, message queues, web servers, web proxies, etc.)
- SDN with Juniper Contrail and/or OpenContrail
- Experience with network automation tools such as:
- Strong familiarity with automation tools such as Chef, Puppet, Salt, Ansible, Python, and shell scripting
- Wrote Heat templates and/or Fuel plugins to deploy or manage OpenStack services
- Wrote automation scripts in languages such as Ansible to automate the deployment or management of IT systems such as web servers, proxies, DNS, etc
- Experience in fast paced environment with ability to adapt and change priorities as the business needs change
- Excellent problem solving, critical thinking, and analytical skills with strong interpersonal skills
Required Clearance: Must be a US Citizen and possess a TS/SCI with poly or be willing to obtain.
Ideal candidates will also have:
• Experience in the research, development, build, and demonstration of proof-of-concept systems and/or trials.
• Leadership qualities including meeting facilitation, time management, organizational skills, and ability to influence others.
• Excellent communication skills including the ability to tailor communication to audience to achieve desired results.
Meet Some of AT&T's Employees
Architect, Entertainment Group
As a cloud architect, Aaron builds and designs different cloud environments that enable video processing. His work helps customers get whichever channels they want, on whatever device they require.
Back to top