Cloud Architect (Government)
- Enon, OH
AT&T Global Public Sector is a trusted provider of secure, IP enabled, cloud-based, network solutions and professional services to the Department of Defense. We are dedicated to recruiting, developing and empowering a diverse, high-performing workforce that is passionate about what they do, committed to our shared values and dedicated to our customers' mission.
The DoD and USAF have initiated the Joint All Domain Command and Control (JADC2) and the Advanced Battle Management System (ABMS) programs to deliver capabilities to enable network centric operations. AT&T GSI will develop concept papers, proposals, prototypes to compete for funding. AT&T GSI will also execute task orders awarded and integrate with other industry partners to rapidly develop state-of-the-art solutions for DoD.
AT&T GSI has an opening for a Cloud Architect to support JADC2/ABMS concept and capability development. Position will also assist with network planning for JADC2/ABMS related events and execution of network related task orders. AT&T GSI will compete to develop and field networks and other capabilities for JADC2/ABMS programs. These networks will enable the timely processing and dissemination of data from any sensor to users at the tactical edge and/or strategic levels. Cloud technology will be at the heart of these capabilities. AT&T GSI will develop solutions that connect assets in any domain and develop mobile/fixed communications nodes enabled by omnidirectional and directional line-of-sight (LOS), and beyond-line-of-sight (BLOS) capabilities. AT&T GSI will also focus on delivering state-of-the-art technology to meet DoD demands for the following: cloud compute implementation at multiple security levels, scalability, platform agnostic/user-based access.
- Performs technical sales support as the network engineer for the ABMS program team.
- Authors concept papers and technical proposals in response to JADC2/ABMS acquisition requests.
- Develop strategy to incorporate cloud adoption plans, cloud application design as well as cloud management and monitoring.
- Support application architecture and deployment in cloud environments.
- Leverage multiple cloud environments such as the public cloud, private cloud, and hybrid cloud.
- Develop and coordinate cloud architecture across diverse areas including application development, identity and access management, network and data management.
- Develops cloud compute solutions for DoD applications at multiple security levels.
- Develops cybersecurity solutions for JADC2/ABMS supporting cloud computing environments.
- Participates in JADC2/ABMS related planning activities. Proposes cloud compute solutions for lead DoD planners and executes upon approval.
- Collaborates within AT&T GSI ABMS team to create unique state of the art solutions across ABMS developmental categories.
- Collaborates within AT&T to translate and deliver commercial solutions to meet DoD use case demands.
- Coordinates within AT&T to evolve commercial solutions to meet unique DoD requirements.
- Collaborates with industry partners to broaden AT&T reach and, when necessary, leverage non-AT&T solutions to deliver the best available solutions for DoD.
- Remain current on latest cloud compute developments.
- Present technical briefings to DoD customers.
- Support ABMS program manager with other duties, as required.
TS/SCI eligible (#topsecret)
- Minimum of 5 years' experience.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, information technology, electronics or telecommunications.
- Relevant work experience will also be taken into consideration.
- Strong understanding of the operating systems such as Linux, Unix, Solaris, Ubuntu, Windows.
- Working level knowledge of TCP/IP, IP addresses, HTTP, and DNS.
- Command over the vital security concepts.
- Basic knowledge of firewall and other security components is necessary.
AT&T will consider for employment qualified applicants in a manner consistent with the requirements of federal, state and local laws. AT&T is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and we are committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. EOE/AA/M/F/D/V
Back to top